Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 Sea king 16 footer

1965 Sea king 16 footer 14 years 2 weeks ago #3740

• Erik
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a very respectable craftsperson that works for me say that he was looking to sell his 16' 1965 Sea king. He says that the boat is in very good shape, but needs a floor and the inside painted. Where can I get some info on this boat? He's an hour away from me and I have to talk the wife in letting me have another Sea King. The lake they live on is HP restricted to 10 horses, and he has a good running 9.9 rude to go with it. I'm also interested in the HP capacity. I want to ski behind this one. Let me know what you guys think. For now, I'm going to continue work on my 59 Sea King.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1965 Sea king 16 footer 14 years 2 weeks ago #3742

erik,is this a runabout?
i can tell you that my 17 foot 1964 seaking cabin cruiser came equipped with a 1963 60 hp seakking(gale)motor.
if you look back at a post about seaking brochures,i had posted scans of the 63 and 64 wards catalog,it doent tell you hp ratings but it may show the boat you are buying there.
you may also want to look for a simular model of starcraft,i know starcraft made my 1964 for wards.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1965 Sea king 16 footer 14 years 2 weeks ago #3748

• Erik
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I checked the brochures and seen the runabouts. He said that it's a closed bow. How many different companies made boats for Wards? Mine is a Span America. I think its crazy that all these different people had a hand in making boats for Wards. Either way, I might make a quick trip up to the boat next weekend or so.

Re:1965 Sea king 16 footer 14 years 2 weeks ago #3759

I think that year has a wide open floor plan with the exception of the bow. It seemed much more practical than our boats are. But then again few things beat a cool looking boat like ours either!
:)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7318 guests and 2 members online