Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project Boat needs ID ??

Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3174

Hello everyone. I've got a new project boat, but I need some help figuring out what it is. My mother in law purchased the boat a while back, and the last registration said it is a 1962 Stamas. I've tried finding pictures of the older stamas boats but nothing really matches. I think the boat was a cuddy cabin of some sort and then converted to center console. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3177

Spent 20 years designing boats of the vintage illustrated. I am not sure of the make or model. The hull lines and sloped gunnel appear to be early to mid 80's. Try looking for boat in this era. If I come across anything I'll let you know. Good Luck.

Re Boat needs ID ?.Silver.Line.? 14 years 1 month ago #3180

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If there is a recessed Hull ID code # on the upper right rear transom, that would tell it is after 1971 , & the 1st three letters is the mfg code. Also the Last two number digits would be the year.
. If I were to pick a name , the LONG side spray rail, is something a SILVER LINE style used in their pattern , but the library brochures are not exact with your slope edge.
.. The bow only shot looks like a 62 Glasspar Seafair Sedan cuddy hull .?

Re:Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3192

There is no hull id #. The registration says it's a 62 stamas, but I'm thinking that the boat may have been registered under a different number than it really is. I live on the gulf coast so it could be a hurricane boat. Or maybe the gunnels and transom were just modified because the Stamas pics I've seen from the 60's don't have sloped gunnels. Thanks for the help trying to figure this out.

Re:Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3193

no expert by any means but your boat looks like it started out life as a IO.looks like a patch job of some kind in the center of the transom.as for year?bow looks maybe early 60's.

Re:Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3200

It may have, but from that picture the patch is actually a metal plate the outboard is on. I'm gonna pull the motor off, so I'll get a better look under that plate.

Re:Project Boat needs ID ?? 14 years 1 month ago #3248

Looks like an Apex to me. The deck has been removed, and the transom looks to be replaced, and someone cut down the aft portion of the gunnel to make it look like the 1995 style fishing boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)