Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this a Johnson boat?

Is this a Johnson boat? 14 years 1 month ago #2941

Found a boat I like and the guy selling it say's The title lists it as a 1964 14' Johnson. With a 40 Hp Sovereign Gale. I banged around the internet, but couldn't find a Johnson with this hull. Can anyone verify that this is in fact a Johnson?
I have an 8 year old son who caught the fishing bug last summer and I thought this would make a nice lake boat for us.
Here is a picture.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Is this a Johnson boat? 14 years 1 month ago #2943

Pretty sure it's not a Johnson. Just about all the Johnson were tri hull models and kida wild looking, definately different. Titles and registrations are nortorius for being wrong, and for having motor names listed as the boat brand.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Is this a Johnson boat? 14 years 1 month ago #2957

Yep, not a Johnson made by Outboard Motor Corporation (OMC) as ClassicFins points out. There was another Johnson brand of boats made by The Colotrym Company, however. I suggest taking a very careful look inside and outside the boat for any manufacturer tags, serial numbers, or anything like that.

If you can't identify the manufacturer, you can still at least enjoy boating in a classic boat. The boat definitely is late '50s, early '60s in design.

Re:Is this a Johnson boat? 14 years 1 month ago #2962

Sounds like the same situation as the "Kainer" boats - there's one on Ebay now. I've had boats registered as Attwood and even one as Nee from the Tee Nee trailer.

Attached are some photos of the OMC built boats they sold under the Johnson name.

Peter
in Denver
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6780 guests and one member online