Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dan Arena 21XL

Dan Arena 21XL 14 years 2 months ago #288

There was a boat manufacturer here in northern california started by the ex-racer Dan Arena back in the 50's. He built early fiberglass runabouts - "Barracuda , Bonita" etc. In 1969 he started building a cut down 21ft hull by removing about 6 inches of freeboard from a standard hull and put a neat runabout deck on. Around 50 boats were built, some with small blocks and volvo stern drives, and the others with big block v-drives for greater speed. Does anyone here have any direct experience with these boats?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Dan Arena 21XL 14 years 2 months ago #299

Hi, there has been a good deal of posting on Arena Craft boats in past. I would suggest searching the old forums, though I don't know how much available information there is on the late 60's models.

Of course, there is also information in the Arena Craft section of the FiberGlassics Library:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Arena_Craft

Re: Dan Arena 21XL 14 years 2 months ago #300

I found the following thread on the Arena Craft 21XL and general Arena Craft history in a web search. This thread looks to be a very good read:

www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/dan-arena-boats-4648.html

Re: Dan Arena 21XL 14 years 2 months ago #636

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I found the thread on the boatdesign site. Very interesting. Thanks again!

Re:Dan Arena 21XL 14 years 1 month ago #2040

Just had a bit of good luck fall into my lap.... again! I missed out on a 21XL a few months ago - it had the 350/volvo outdrive set up. I just got a 21XL v-drive boat that I will be restoring as soon as the Chris Craft Lancer is done... yahoooooo ! There both good looking hulls, one designed by Steve Wynn, and of course the other by Dan Arena.
The boat has no engine or drive train at all, but after speaking with (Nick ?) down in San Rafael, it shouldnt be that tough to gather up all the needed parts to bring it back to life, once I replace the stringers and transom - yeah,, big job, but WORTH IT ! All you have to do is look at a picture of this boat and its instant love.
If anyone else out there has detailed pictures or information on this boat not listed in the forums, I'd be very interested and appreciative.
Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8193 guests and 2 members online