• Page:

TOPIC: '65 Starcraft Holiday

'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2746

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
First time poster to this forum. I have a 1965 Starcraft Holiday that I am parting out. Windshield is good, no cracks, chips or deep scratches just the normal haze from wiping. The steering wheel is original cable type but has some minor defects. The hardware, bow light, chocks and cleats show some minor pitting but can be rechromed. It has a 1969 Evinrude 55hp Triumph motor that is in good running condition, compression is 130, 130, 120. The hull has been repainted and is peeling and the transom is bad, been reinforced with 1/4" alum plating.
Anyone need parts?
Sabre :unsure:

I am in the process of cutting up the hull with a sawzall for junk.
Pictures upon request.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2753

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
63 Sabre wrote:

First time poster to this forum. I have a 1965 Starcraft Holiday that I am parting out. Windshield is good, no cracks, chips or deep scratches just the normal haze from wiping. The steering wheel is original cable type but has some minor defects. The hardware, bow light, chocks and cleats show some minor pitting but can be rechromed. It has a 1969 Evinrude 55hp Triumph motor that is in good running condition, compression is 130, 130, 120. The hull has been repainted and is peeling and the transom is bad, been reinforced with 1/4" alum plating.
Anyone need parts?
Sabre :unsure:

I am in the process of cutting up the hull with a sawzall for junk.
Pictures upon request.

I own a '65 Starcraft. Interested in any Starcraft hardware and parts, bow and stern light, emblems, step pads and frame, etc. Thanks.

Eduardo

Re:'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2769

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I just got a good look at the parts. The bow lite is in good condition, no broken or chipped lens, some minor pitting and a hairline crack by one screw hole. The two step pads are bad, the rubber is totaled but the frames are whole but would need rechroming. No stern lite, the previous owner must have trashed it but I do have several stern light holders of different styles I can send pictures of. The main cleat on the bow is in good condition. I'll send pictures if you're interested. I just purchased the boat today to part out, the hull and transom are rotten. The two transom gunwale ends are in very good condition. The steering wheel leaves somewhat to be desired, I have to clean it up to see what it's like.

Re:'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2879

Where are you located? I may have a use for the motor. I just found an old Starcraft 17' fiberglass boat with no motor. I believe this boat to be mid-60s.

Thanks
John

Re:'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2886

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'm located 8 miles north of Green Bay, WI, Suamico.
I ran the motor last evening with muffs and there were no problems. It cooled well, shifted smoothly. It has the Evinrude Select shift with the push buttons for forward, neutral and reverse. I flushed the lower unit and changed to new lube.

Re:'65 Starcraft Holiday 14 years 1 month ago #2887

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Here are two pictures of the motor. It could use some touch up paint on the housing and there is a small crack on the port side of the housing that would be easy to epoxy.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)