Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat to give

Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #1952

It's not pretty but it floats fine, the floor is solid, not sure of the transom but the boat is still usable. When I got it the gel coat was already spider webbed but I shined it up. I replaced a section of the sole and confirmed the stringer was good back then. I have owned it for 30 years and will finally retire it as I got a bigger boat for the family and the motor went bad for the third time or so and I am done working on it. It is a 15' tri hull walk thru windshield. It will be stripped of most everything and will not include the trailer. It is titled as a 1969 Flagship and has current Texas tags and I have the title in my name and am willing to transfer it at your cost. It seems someone told me once it was a Chrysler boat. I don't know if it is worth the taking or not just thought I would offer. I will try to post pictures if anyone is interested. I am in Houston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #1961

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Kayfry, that's very generous and commendable in my opinion! You may want to post pics of the boat, motor (possible parts donor), and trailer and make whoever wants any part take the whole thing if your goal is to just "unload it out of your yard". I'm sure someone on here will be more than happy to take you up on your offer, there are quite a few people from your area!

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #2021

kayfry wrote:

I am in Houston

I knew sooner or later this was going to be something to be remembered.....

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #2025

Houston....Now what's wrong with Houston...We never have water too hard (frozen) as not to be able to go boating

CAVU

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #2066

Nutting wrong with Houston....Texas, well other than the dividing line between Dallas...Fort worth and Houston as gotten to be a little blurry....

now for a guy like me who has gotten a nick name..."Houston" it a rather funny thing to hear someone say....sometimes...

see I got the nickname when I was trucking...when ever someone got into an issue they would either call me or knock on my truck...

and every time I was like god do I have all the answers to everything someone thinks i am a rocket scientist...I should work for NASA...well somehow one thing lead to another and the name stuck. :)

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #2093

hey...thats NBR. hehe....."BOATS R GREAT"
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 3 weeks ago #2186

Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2381

Ron - As soon as I saw the photo of your Manta Ray I thought she is really plowing water, which may be part of the water over the transom problem. The way that boat should present is bow high. Check out the attached.
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2383

• MarkS
My first thought was similar, need to trim her up a notch or two Ron. But the post right below about "pichers" blew me away so bad I forgot................ :laugh:

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2385

THATS A JERSEY GIRL FOR YA....can never predict how she's gunna ride!
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2387

But totally different Ron...in the second picture you've got no rpm going. That first photo tells me you're bow heavy. You should have that same presentation at full throttle.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2397

• MarkS
Ron, have you got power T/T, or manual like mine? Pic when "plowing" = 2 people in boat, pic when properly planed = 1 person in boat! Next time you have a passenger, just try moving the trim pin up a notch or two, may have to experiment a little. I finally figured out to watch the spray coming out the sides while underway. My Cutter is a deep V hull, and if the spray is ahead (fore) of where I'm sitting, I'm plowing. When properly trimmed it comes out half way between my position and the stern.

You know those Jersey girls sometimes need a little extra attention, but well worth the effort! :blush:

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2398

• MarkS
Kayfry, I'm sorry we "jumped your thread", where did you go?

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2407

I have not had a chance to take pictures but will try to post some this weekend. My opinion is that this boat is not worth hauling away. My apologies if I misrepresented it, looking back at the wording one might think the motor is included. It will be the hull only, less trailer and motor and most everything else I might be able to use or sell.

I would be lucky to get a couple of hundred dollars for it on the trailer with the motor in Houston and is why I will part it out. I am not in to old boats (cars yes boats no) and thought if someone was looking for a project hull this might do.

Hate to do it but if it comes down to paying to get it gone, I will break out the coveralls and skill saw and put it to the curb piece by piece.

No problem on the thread in fact thanks for keeping it going.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2435

mark, no power trim. will try pin settings again in june with 2 sandbags in the bow to maybe stop the porpoising. the 700 sits too low below the tunnel and can't be raised without transom modification. i'm a hands off guy so it will probably remain that way. not concerned about speed as i was a few years ago...just want a smooth, comfortable ride. nj ron
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2438

• MarkS
Kayfry, I appreciate your kind attitude, good luck getting rid of the old hull. Hopefully someone will come and get it to save you the hard work, but proud to hear you're up for the task anyway.

Ron, I see what you mean now. That pic really shows the situation better. I'm with you on the cruisin' mode, blasting across the lake now only comes in very short bursts. Love the look you've got going on the boat, I think it looks good. As long as it puts a smile on your face, that's all that counts.

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2481

wasn't attempting to hijacking the thread just trying to keep it "up" in the post Que, while waiting for pictures.

mean while...still trying to remove a boat, as soon as I find it.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2554

Hey guys. Good to see you guys out here supporting the cause.

Im a newbie to this forum. Ive got a couple of boats that i am beginning restoration on and thought this looked like a nice home for the duration of the projects.

I am also here in houston and have a buddy of mine who is very interested in taking this trailer-less, motor-less boat off of your hands.

How should i get in contact with you, as we may come take a look this weekend if you are available?

Well, you guys have a great weekend! If you're in houston, its lookin to be a great weekend weather-wise to get out and get some things accomplished. I guess i'll leave with that thought, and i am off to the fiberglass threads- i will be doing my first phase of fiberglass patching on my 1977 Phantom trihull fiberglass floorboard. If anyone wants to give me some pointers, i will be in the other thread.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2582

• MarkS
Kayfry was going to post some pics of the free boat this weekend, but you can always click the avatar to go to the profile, and send a PM (private message) from there!

Good luck on your project, BTW

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2617

OK, the boat is gone, I got rid of it yesterday. Thanks for replies and my apologies for not getting pictures posted.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2618

• MarkS
No apologies necessary, Kayfry. You accomplished your task, and we had fun on the thread! Don't be a stranger, come back and visit whenever you can.

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2623

hey...cool, hoped it went to a good home.

btw, that pic of Ron's boat, the one with two people in it...I was the left seat guy with a blown out appendix, his rpm's where not wot because of me.

got a guy here local, that has a "mint" mantaray (purple with mental flakes) I give him a ring about how it "sits" in the water

Re:Boat to give 14 years 2 weeks ago #2630

• MarkS
I hear ya Houston, I'm still having bad dreams about watching the shreader eat those classics. I know we can't save 'em all but....

The blown appendix explains why you were grimacing and grinning at the same time in that pic! :) JK, we couldn't see your face.

I'm sure Ron would appreciate it. Please tell him we want some pics if he's got any. :cheer:

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2636

heres a few..........the last is my favorite...

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2702

LOL...I remember that rattle can spray job...

And don't even ask me about those numbers...
Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2703

dave, i never even noticed the numbers.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2721

Oh the wasp sting inside my lower lip...yea my luck!

hehe, I am one of the few who can say they removed there own appendix...not so much in a traditional way either.

as far as the Numbers...I don't remember who's numbers where what...but I do remember what boats have showed up with O/O/D registration at silver, maybe we should make a award for the most O/O/D registration, I remember the grand prize winner if there could be one sitting at the dock when the sheriff patrol showed up to take a scoot to the bathroom and walk the grounds looking at the boats...meanwhile I sat on the bow draping my legs over the O/O/D numbers for he wouldn't see them. :ohmy:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2722

• MarkS
I thought you were just pouting, ran out of beverages or something!? Morning, Houston! ;)

Mark

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2723

Pouting...hehehe yea kind of, because some Einstein hung up the fiber banner right next to a wasp nest.... :laugh:

btw mourning....

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2734

nm
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2755

yup that would be the Einstein that thought it would look pretty there!

if any one is concerned about the wasp, it wasn't pretty and he did give up a good fight right before I swallowed him.

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2768

"yup that would be the Einstein that thought it would look pretty there!"

hmmmmm...wonder who dat be...

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2775

Um...not to pick nits,but... isn't that picture of the banner at Raystown, and the bee sting was at Silver?

May just be my bad memory... :unsure:

edit: Nevermind...bad memory...it was at Raystown.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2782

dave, how could you forget!!!!! thats where you got your taste of the cc rays.
Attachments:

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2783

You know, it wasn't my first taste of CC Ray's, the bug bit me about 15 years before that, but it was my first time out in one.

It was also the first time that an almost total stranger let me take his valuable classic boat out alone.

I know you said you had it insured, but I'll never forget that.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Boat to give 14 years 1 week ago #2793

man I tell yea...I gotta open up the 80 gig and pull out some of my old pictures....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)