Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Man, let a guy miss a few days on the forums and..

Man, let a guy miss a few days on the forums and.. 14 years 1 month ago #1858

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey everybody,
Been out of commission a few days with emergency hernia surgery. (Next time, please take me to a hospital with wi-fi!) :)

Looks like somebody has been mis-behaving, what's up with that? Sandi is one of the most laid-back, peace loving creatures on the face of this earth. I see new (old) rules posted everywhere, so I know something's up. Let's try to do better and get along, shall we?!

Since it's going to be a few days before I can climb up into the Glastron to start on the carb kits, I'm thinking about hooking a swing seat up to the engine hoist to lift myself into the boat. Just can't figure out how to pump the hydraulic lever from the seat.......... :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark

Re:Man, let a guy miss a few days on the forums and.. 14 years 1 month ago #1860

Good luck Mark! I had hernia surgery last year, but #1, it wasn't emergency (given how it turned out, I wish it had been!), so it took me off working on the boat for at least two months, then I had surgery, recovered and #2, my back went out, and very badly. Essentially I lost the whole summer.

Just to make ya feel better, this morning I put the 2nd of two coats of clear on the bonnet and cowls, and then 1st coat of finish on the bottom 1/2 of the motor (no camera, pics later). I got the trim pump manifold on last night, all 8 new o-rings, mounted the electrical stuff, and after my 2nd breakfast of the day and reading of the Sunday paper, I will start re-wiring it. Probably start to re-assemble the motor next weekend. Will then start looking at integrating trim stuff.

After painting this a.m. 1st thing (5 a.m.) I been shoveling before all the family gets back from Bromley Mountain up in VT. Wife and kids, wives and girlfriends all went skiing for the weekend. I got to watch one of my kid's two very poorly behaved mutts. Whippee. We been getting plowed regular, but the decks and stairs hadn't been completely cleaned yet, and plow doesn't get everything.

Much more wet snow here and I'll be laid up again!

Take care of yourself. The boat ain't goin nowheres.

Frank

Re:Man, let a guy miss a few days on the forums and.. 14 years 1 month ago #1862

• Sandi
  • Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Not misbehaving, just making sure they're visible for those that may just go to one forum. :)

Hope you heal quickly Mark!

Re:Man, let a guy miss a few days on the forums and.. 14 years 1 month ago #1864

• MarkS
  • MarkS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks, Sandi and Frank! Luckily, I have the FG forums to occupy my time while recuperating. Normally I have trouble sitting still for more than 10 minutes at a time, so this is going to be a challenge for sure. ;)

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7698 guests and one member online