Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Boat Restoration

Old Boat Restoration 14 years 1 month ago #1637

Hi! Is there anyone out there that could use a little "help" on fixin up there old boat. I gotta a heck of alot of tools and I can travel near or far. Pretty good at adding a few wood features-fixing dry rot-and working on trailers. Not my occupation mind you but could use a couple of $$$. Trying to keep my own boat floatin too. I live in Jackson Ca. Thanx for reading. Old Boats Forever!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Old Boat Restoration 14 years 2 weeks ago #2362

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL restoration of your Bell Boy!
I'm giving some thought to rescuing an old boat, but probably don't really know what I'm getting into. I have been looking at a couple Bell Boys, spokane.craigslist.org/boa/1632544252.html and spokane.craigslist.org/boa/1621234385.html , as well as a Glasspar Seafair Sedan (in similar shape). Is there any way you could give me a (nothing I will hold you to)guess as to how much you might charge to do a restoration on such boats? Failing that, what would you have charged you to do your Bell Boy?
Thanks,
Steve Blayney

Re:Old Boat Restoration 14 years 2 weeks ago #2593

Well. Thankyou. It took me about a month and a half or so. About $2500 in supplys. Things like paint, epoxy, solvents, tires, wheel bearings, winch, mahogany wood, plywood, fiberglass, stainless steel hardware, seats, upholstery work, batterys, wiring, gelcoat kits, switches, fuse panels, foams rubber, pump, tons of sandpaper, stripper stuff, welding rods, engine tuneup parts, running lites, varnish, brushes, gas tank cleaner, etc. etc.etc. Bimini top is extra.
Labor--- Well some days are figuring things out. Some days talking on the forums for certain information . Some days driving around looking for parts. Some days waitng for parts. Somes days( of course) just plain working hard on ole besty. OH! Needless to say Ebay shopping under vintage boat parts after hours. They're all different. So the hours are some what sporadic. It's all worth it in the end. Believe me.

Buy the BELL BOY. I like it. They ride great on the water.
Call me if you need help or advise on anything 209 768 6030. Thanx. GARY.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)