Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Chapter Question!!

New Chapter Question!! 14 years 3 weeks ago #1545

I was wondering on how someone would start a new Fiberglassics chapter. I live in Salem Oregon and I know that there is a chapter up in Seattle. Thats to far to drive for me, so I was thinking about a chapter here where I live. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1565

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We're not ignoring you, just thinking about how to answer this.

Stay tuned.

Kelly & Staff.

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1567

• webmaster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok, I thought about this for a minute.

FiberGlassics is a website that provides a massive resource to the Glassic (classic) boating community. It's not an entity such as the ACBS with chapters & the like.

We used to have them in the early days and many many websites out there are a result of that. But the truth is, we don't have chapters and I don't envision ever having them again.

The minute some gathering of boating nuts like ourselves get together with a sign stating they're a chapter of FiberGlassics... and someone gets hurt... it opens the doors to the lawsuit happy bunch that cries over hot coffee in their lap.

What we'd propose is this:

Make your own site or group page somewhere on the web. Tell local people about it, put up a flyer or two around town, tell people here about it, post messages around the web stating that you're starting a group in your area.

Next, we'll happily link your place and there you go. A link here almost guarantees visibility for those in your area.

Make up some snazzy name for your group. You just can't call yourself an entity of FiberGlassics®. You could link to us, make banners of your group, whatever you like.

Maybe you could get ideas from the Golden State Glassics & their group too. Perhaps there's some folks in No Cal that might be closer to you?

Kelly

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1572

Hey Cap - there are a lot of us on the west coast that are old boat junkies. I live in Redding Ca, near Lake Shasta. I persoanlly know of a number of Oregonians who mess around with old boats. Some from Ashland, Medford, Coos Bay, A couple in Portland. There is a fellow in Battleground WA that's very active. In California we have a group called the Golden State Glassics (there is a link to it in this website) You don't have to be from California to participate. I've hosted a number of boat meets here in Redding over the years, & we will have one on shasta in June. (it's on the calendar above) Some folks from up your way hope to attend.

What I'm doing is focusing on connecting with local people via craigslist. It doesn't cost anything & you may even get some good boat leads and make some new friends. "Think Globally & boat Locally"

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1576

I've found Craig's list a pretty good way to "advertise" up here too.

We post all our get togethers and meets on the list. I still get people that ask if I really want to sell my meet, but hey, what the heck, it's free...lol...

Dave @ www.nicklecityclassics.com

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re: New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1582

Also, if you are looking for other boaters in your area that are registered on this site look at the "Glassic Map": www.fiberglassics.com/map

Hello, World!!

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1586

Giving everything the way Kelly and the crew have fiber set up now it should be relatively easy to get a start up "group/club" going", as far as getting a website for you all to use CC can direct you around on that end where we tried almost all of the web box website setup and what we found may be helpful.

the only other suggestion and advice I can give you is to let it grow and don't rush it...

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1592

Hi and thanks for the info. I have seen many of the videos on youtube with the Golden State Glassics on the Sacramento Delta. Eduardo and his wife, I believe her name is Mercedes, have posted quite a few on youtube. Since I found this boat I have wated to get something like Golden State Glassics here in Oregon. It apperars in your videos that it ha great time had by all. I will for sure use craigslist as I didnt think of that. I would also like to try to make the get together at Shasta with you. Still gettting the boat ready so we shall see. Is there anything I need to do to get an invite?? Let me know and again thanks for your help and answers.

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1618

captaincruisin wrote:

Is there anything I need to do to get an invite??

well, yea ever see wedding crashers?

if you know there going to be at a ramp launching on -X- date....

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1620

"I would also like to try to make the get together at Shasta with you. Still gettting the boat ready so we shall see. Is there anything I need to do to get an invite??"

Consider yourself invited. Go to goldenstateglassics.com and register so you can join the chat there. You can also send me a private message via this website. The site at shasta is PRIME, as the lake will be full this year. You have 3 months to get that boat ready for the water! If it's not done, come on down anyway - as there is always a spare seat in a boat. This would also be a good way to connect with other boaters & get inspired about the hobby.

Re:New Chapter Question!! 14 years 2 weeks ago #1631

Another good place to hunt for local users is to start a group on FaceBook.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Thunderbird Apache 1956 hardtop
( / Boats)

noimage
03-10-2024

1968 Glastron GT160
( / Boats)