Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introduction and What's it Worth

Introduction and What's it Worth 4 years 5 months ago #141387

Hi, my name is Mike and my wife, family and I have been boating Havasu and Parker for most of our lives. This 1960 Nylox Adventurer crossed my path and I took it up to our river house to play with. The PO was a good friend and had restored the boat, it has a Mark 55 with a Mark 58 power head and runs great. He had repainted the deck and hull (with pin striping) and re-upholstered the seats. The boat has tons of spare parts and documentation such as the original brochure and ads featuring the boat. I am putting it up for sale and have no idea what to ask for it. Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduction and What's it Worth 4 years 5 months ago #141395

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Hey Mark....
How do you plan on advertising the sale? Makes a difference. Putting it in the front yard is always a good start. It looks really clean and original. I'm sure you checked out the web, eBay, Craigslist, kbb boats, boats for sale etc. Really hard to put a number on it. The old saying it's only worth what someone is willing to pay is more true for a boat than anything else. Best time for sale is in early spring when guys get itchy to be on the water. I've sold most used boats in March/April. Big mistake is to let a potential buyer slip away by letting them ask the wife, you'll never see them again. Start with your ideal asking price, $5000. ??? and then you can always bargain down to what you really want. $3800.? When you get desperate $3000. That's a bargain for a boat, motor, trailer, fuel tank and all the accessories. Look up the price of a new similar rig so you're prepared when talking to a prospect. A trailer alone would go for the price you could ask, A new motor price these days is rediculous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rvrrun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)