Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1966 Taylor Craft boat? or something else?

1966 Taylor Craft boat? or something else? 4 years 7 months ago #140917

Hi everyone, I'm Dan a new member and also a new fiberglass classic boat owner of a boat I am not able to find information on. I purchased the boat in South Carolina. The title of the boat states Taylor Craft dated to 1966 but there's definitely no Taylor Craft... it looks like an mfg and a pacific mariner combined but definitely stumped as it has these wing bumps on both sides of the hull. Definitely a cool boat. I paid nothing for it and it did need some basic transom work to run it the rest of the year without hassle but will require a transom rebuild during the winter. The engine is a 1981 35hp 2 stroke Evinrude and the boat flies at full throttle. I just I new what kind of boat it is or was so I can be sure to keep it as original as possible during a restoration. If anyone know please feel free to let me know. It is a great conversation starter.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1966 Taylor Craft boat? or something else? 4 years 7 months ago #140918

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Hey. welcome aboard. I think what you might have is a T-Craft or something pretty close. This is what's in the Glassic Library.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=File:BHBPHOTO127.JPG
If you click on the link above this page there is limited info. Google or Bing t-craft and you might come up with something more. Might have changed names or designs over the years.

1966 Taylor Craft boat? or something else? 4 years 7 months ago #140928

Span American Boat Co. had those "bumps" on the side. They were copied by Mariner Boat company of Red Wing, MN and Shafar Fiberglass of Iowa and Savage Boat Company from Pennsylvania and maybe others. When Span Boats, Inc. of Cameron, WI had their liquidation auction in 1970, local famers bought the boat molds to use a water troughs for their cattle. Molds sold for $1 or $2

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)