Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MFG Niagara year of manufacture

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140787

Last week I bought a project boat, motor, and trailer. The trailer is completely functional (in need of wheels being packed). The 1970 Merc 65hp motor appears to be toast, but in none the less too big for the boat which says on the production plate that 50hp is the max. The boat needs a ton of TLC which my son and I are ready to provide to get her looking new again.
My Question for now: what is the year of manufacture? The boat came with a bill of sale only with no real description of the boat other than "MFG Niagara". The boat was last registered (Tagged) in Arkansas in 2014. There is no physical HIN on the boat but, Arkansas Fish and Game looked up the last registration and says that INZ051187025 is the HIN of record. This HIN doesn't match up with current industry standards for identification so I'm guessing the boat was made in the 60's. Indiana (the state where it was originally registered) only keeps records going back 10 years, so they're no help. So...are there any physical attributes to the boat that can identify what year it was made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140789

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Can't be much help without photos.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140792

HIN's weren't required until 1972 I believe. I would guess that HIN was assigned by the state of Indiana.

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140793

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
That HIN is a state issued HIN. INZ is Indiana.. Need photos

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140794

take a look on the starboard side just past the dash. May be on port side also ? there will be an MFG sticker with the model number that could help narrow down the year. Most MFG was built in Erie PA. I believe ?
Also, there is an MFG Owners Group section further down the forum main page of this site. davnau6345 is the local expert on all MFG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arpauly

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140860

Post sone pictures and I’ll tell you what year it is. Be sure to include pictures of the interior. All MFGs were built at the MFG plant in Union City, PA.

The Niagara was made for the 1962-1973 model years. Great little boat.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

MFG Niagara year of manufacture 4 years 7 months ago #140861

Post some pictures and I’ll tell you what year it is. Be sure to include pictures of the interior. All MFGs were built at the MFG plant in Union City, PA.

The Niagara was made for the 1962-1973 model years. Great little boat.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7692 guests and no members online