Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barn Found 1960 Custom Craft Stingray - Need Help!

Barn Found 1960 Custom Craft Stingray - Need Help! 4 years 8 months ago #140196

Hey everyone,

First time boat owner, first time boat restorer here. I want to do justice to the boat so I'm definitely going to need a lot of help.

Here are some pictures of how it looked when I found it and after I cleaned. Since that picture, I've also removed all the metal, wiring, steering, and windshield to get ready for a repaint. The metal all will be rechromed, as it's too pitted for a simple polish.

Some other issues are as follows:
1) Floor is weak, possibly also the stringers beneath
2) Transom is very solid but sounds hollow (not sure how to proceed without opening it)
3) The gelcoat (underneath the layer of green paint) has a lot of small pits and cracks
4) The hull is also painted in some spots

I've alredy bought some fiberglass paint stripper ( www.autobodytoolmart.com/klean-strip-fiberglass-paint-remover-gaf354-p-48249.aspx ) to tackle the paint issues. Once I open up the floor I can give a better assessment of what needs to happen there - either stringer replacement or just new fiberglass.

That's the long and short of it. I'll be making threads for specific problems as I encounter them but I just wanted to introduce myself and the boat!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Barn Found 1960 Custom Craft Stingray - Need Help! 4 years 8 months ago #140197

Welcome! We like projects!!! Nice Stingray...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello, World!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat