Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: battery compartment

battery compartment 4 years 10 months ago #139615

one step closer worked awhile on the batteries but i found some j hooks and made some angle brackets and then i didnt want any metal around the batteries so i used some of the spacers i made for the seats and cut them down for the hold downs and a piece of plastic for the switch mount to keep up with my wiring. i wanted to paint the compartment to tell if anything is going wrong, and all this still fits under the seat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

battery compartment 4 years 10 months ago #139639

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Beautiful work. Just a couple of questions. How is the box ventilated? Is the battery switch ignition protected?

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

battery compartment 4 years 10 months ago #139642

well i was relying on the hole for the cables coming through for the ventilation and as far as being ignition protected yep it is.
now do i need to completely seal the compartment off and add a fan or let it breathe ?????

battery compartment 4 years 10 months ago #139644

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I think you have it covered. The rule says that if there is electrical equipment that is NOT ignition protected then the compartment must be ventilated. The only thing that could create a spark is the switch and it is ignition protected, so you're good. If the batteries outgas during charging (which won't happen unless you overcharge them) the hydrogen will dissipate extremely rapidly and even the tiniest hole will get rid of it. Don't seal it, and you don't need a fan. Natural ventilation is adequate.

Like I said, nice work.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7275 guests and 3 members online