• Page:

TOPIC: Old all steel boat ID

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139314

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, this might not be the place to ask this question.. but .. I just seen this old all steel beast sitting in a elderly gentlemen's year today.. I had to stop and see what it was.. he used to use it on the Great Lakes and has been sitting in his yard for 25 years.. its 22' long.. to me it sorta resembles a Steelcraft boat but I don't know for sure just what it is.. he clamed it is a Hoffman boat made in Canada for use on the Great Lakes .. but I can't find anything on the internet about any Hoffman boats.. does anyone recognize this boat ?? thanks, John T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139317

You seem to have a keen eye for vintage lines. Not aluminum but you should save her anyways...
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139319

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank You ski2rule .. I was on my way to look at a Lone Star Starliner and drove pass this boat that caught my eye so I had to stop and ask about it.. he will sell it but it has a few rust holes through the bottom of the hull . everything else seems solid and heavy !! LOL it does have a cool factor to it though.. It should be saved if possible it would be a shame to let it continue to rot away... PS I can't find a way to edit my original post but it is supposed to say I seen it sitting in a elderly gentlemen's (yard) today not (year) lol John T.

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139322

Wow! Has decent lines. If it's a one-off somebody knew what they were doing. Has a slant six Chrysler with a Borg Warner velvet drive, too.
Larry

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139327

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Larry !! it defiantly caught my eye when I saw it !! to bad the old guy left it sit unprotected for so long.. the slant six he said was in it when he acquired the boat.. I thought it was probably a newer engine then what it came with originally but don't know for sure.. he clamed the boat was from the late forties or 1950 .. I remember slant six's in 1960's era Chrysler cars.. but I'm not sure when they first appeared.. so are the slant six with Borg Warner velvet drive a good thing ??? thanks, John T.

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 11 months ago #139355

Velvet Drives are the the industry standard for inboard gas engines. That engine doesn't have enough horsepower to wear one out. It is a 1 to 1 gear ratio model. Chrysler has been out of the marine engine business for many years. It might be a problem finding parts like a riser and exhaust manifold.
Larry

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 10 months ago #139485

John - I'd be interested in getting the owners contact information, assuming you're not interested in it. I am looking for a slant 6 engine for a 26 Pacemaker project I am working on.

Old all steel boat ID 4 years 10 months ago #139489

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Glen .. the boat is in Michigan.. I know where it is but I don't know the owners name or phone number I could probably find his address again.. but just a few days ago I ran across a post on craigslist of someone looking to sell 2 complete slant six's for $50 ea. !! I'll try to find them again.. hope I can if they are still available .. sometimes it hard to find a ad again.. I can't remember just what state they were in.. but I think they were in my state or fairly close by.. John

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)