Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sabre Craft Impella 17

Sabre Craft Impella 17 5 years 1 month ago #139001

Hey guys, I'm totally new here, and to the classic boat world.

I had the opportunity to pick up a Sabre Craft Impella 17, with trailer and a Johnson super sea horse 75 outboard

It's a project, but things didn't seem to be in too terrible of shape.

My biggest issue is the fact that I have no idea where to start, I'm a pretty handy man, with mechanics or carpentry. But I have basically no experience with anything to do with boats, and alas no idea where to start, or the most important things that need tended to on this.

From what I was told the engine needs a fuel pump rebuild, which I should be able to do no problem. and the Impeller replaced... Which I'm not quite sure how to go about doing yet.

I'd like to restore the boat to get it back to looking and operating like new. Also does anyone have pics of any impella 17 restored?

Any tips or just anything knowledge here would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sabre Craft Impella 17 5 years 1 month ago #139002

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
First, you need to take photos of everything from every angle. Then strip the boat of everything. All the parts should be labeled and then restored as sub-assemblies for reinstallation later. The hull will need to be filled, sanded and either re-gelcoated or painted. I would paint it. Back to back seats can be bought on the internet...same for carpet. Work on the project like eating an elephant.: One bite at a time.
Lots of Impella photos here:
www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=757&ei=-oaGXM3zN8X6sAWHhKqgAg&q=sabre+craft+impella&oq=sabre+craft+impella&gs_l=img.3...1126.5234..5650...0.0..0.118.1706.18j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.....0..0j0i5i30j0i8i30j0i24j0i10i24.G2-_XDncLv4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6739 guests and one member online