Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring?

I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring? 5 years 3 months ago #138457

I can get it for $800.00 I think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring? 5 years 3 months ago #138466

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I think $800 is really high, considering the condition. Yes, it's worth restoring but at what cost? You'd have several thousand into it if done right. I ran across this 1964 Cobia yesterday, same price, with a Big Twin Evinrude. You could probably buy it for $600, considering the time of year. Even if you're not interested, it serves as a comparison of boats offered for $800.

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/boa/d/vintage-1964-cobia/6734096042.html

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring? 5 years 3 months ago #138467

thought. do you know how longs its been sitting there ? have you seen it there for some time. if for awhile then nobody else has made an offer , now the question is if you offer less and then in a few weeks its gone and you really wanted it then was it worth it to not give the full price. mine i gave 200.00 but i could have probably gave him 50.00 but that was my price and i went in with the idea that if he said no then i would look else where. i approached him. as everyone says the price is what someone is willing to pay at that particular time. did it have a for sale sign on it. or did you ask him if it was for sale ?? its a popular model not too rare so a restore could be a good challenge . i wish he would give it to you to haul it off. haha good luck with it.

billy

I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring? 5 years 3 months ago #138483

Short answer, no. That boat needs everything. If your going to that extreme on a resto, may as well look for something more rare and collectable, preferably with fins. You'll never get your investment back on a 60 Glastron.
I rebuilt a 59 Surflite, which I think is more collectible (fins), but doubt I would recoup my money. But, that's not why I did it.
If that particular boat has meaning to you, then do it. If not, keep looking. IMHO
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

I think 1960 Glasron Fireflite - Worth Restoring? 5 years 3 months ago #138503

Thanks guys, you confirmed what I was not willing to admit. I have took some advice and started searching north, finding some good deals. When I decide to grab one, if I don't come across something in Texas, looks like an flight and a rental truck back home......

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)