Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barn Find 320hr Evinrude Rogue 200

Barn Find 320hr Evinrude Rogue 200 5 years 4 months ago #138264

Hello,

Thank you guys this an awesome resource.

I live in Mobile AL on a Tidal River that’s about 4 Miles by water to Mobile Bay. I have several friends with boats that I couldn’t pay for the dry storage monthly bill at the marina.

My twin boys and I kayak fish some inshore tournaments and the guy I fished with this summer bought his first boat this time last year and we fished together every weekend the seas were 2 feet or less. Running 60 to 90 Miles Offshore,Paying for gas, clean the boat, helping with service and maintenance needed, cleaning fish tying leaders, being the deck hand and driving us back the 2.5 to 3 or more hours depending on seas just to knock something else off the bucket list use to be OK.
That was fine a few years ago but they’re 12 and my daughter is 17. This may be the last summer I’ll have with her.
I’ve been looking and I’m looking at under powered pontoons or something in not confident in.

This boat need a gas tank certainly because of our tropical climate. The guy standing on the port side of the boat in my profile pic, is the guy that has the Evinrude boat. Originally, I got on the page to find The Who , What, and where.
From what I’ve read, a large majority are in the land fill. They also aren’t worth very much from what Ive seen.

The trailer was backed in once.

Picked the boat up with the new trailer and parked it. The top is all original and still perfect.

The only 2 thing not original is the fan/blower motor and the trailer.

Are these boats designed for Saltwater use if flushed properly.

Would It be a disservice to put Hours on this boat and use in salt and brackish water.

If you think I should sell it, would you just buy the few things it needs. Gas Tank, mechanical fuel pump repair kit or after market Pump, a battery and the foot needs to be serviced I would think. Maybe check the roller bearing.

Are the parts mentioned for the Buick Motor easy to find?

I was told it’s Buick nail Head but according to what I’ve read it’s not. Is that true?

If I was going to ever try to bring a boat back to showroom condition this would be the boat .

Zoom in on the aluminum trim around gauges.
If I keep it I’m going shine that up.

What’s worth more,a boat in showroom condition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Barn Find 320hr Evinrude Rogue 200 5 years 4 months ago #138266

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome aboard, You've come to the right place for info. There are some dedicated OMC boat owners here that would love to have that find.
Wow, That is almost a spittin' image of the first boat I fixed up. That is a platform that can't be beat for what you are describing. The fiberglass on that thing is probably 1/4" thick and tough as nails, you could run over logs etc and hardly hurt it. Built during the time when glass boats were coming into production and they weren't sure how they would hold up. The boat is stable as a rock, you could stand on a gunwale and not tip over. The motor is iron and bulletproof and as you say parts are still around. The lower unit might be suspect with the electric shift but if it was taken care of it should be ok. There is a special OMC oil for those lower units that is still sold I think it's called type "C". What's really nice about those LUs is that you can tilt them completely out of the water if you get is some really shallow spots. Parts for the 800s are getting harder to find but they're still around.
If you decide to part it out post the parts on eBay. There is a website somewhere that is dedicated to those boats, just search google.
Some of those lower units had a garden hose connection on the starboard side where you could connect to flush it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Org320Hr67Rogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)