Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst

Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst 5 years 6 months ago #137847

Haven't logged on in a while, and have meant to post this for a long time. Hopefully most of you will remember Ronny from Ronny's Marine aka Mr metal flake. Ronny contacted me in early spring and talked me into bringing my Glastron to Gravenhurst this past July. Sadly Ronny passed away in March. He was a tireless promoter of classic glass working very hard to have glass accepted by ACBS. This is the first year glass was judged, and two awards were given The Ronny Haylock Best Classic Glass (the first time an award had been named after a person) and First Place Classic Glass. I was fortunate enough to receive both, but Ronnys award was really special. We lost big player in Classic Glass, Ronny restored countless boats, and will always be fondly remembered by anyone lucky enough to have known him. Rest In Peace my friend
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst 5 years 5 months ago #137964

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sorry to hear about Ronny, loved most of his work and especially the metal flake. Congrats on your awards barnickelbill, sounds like you represented well.

Mark

Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst 5 years 5 months ago #138028

Thanks Mark, it was a good show. I believe there were 28 glass boats there, probably half a dozen restored by Ronny
Didn't have my camera, but here's a couple links.

www.trentsevernantiqueboats.com/show18.htm

www.acbs.ca/index.php/docklinesnews/150-2018-award-winners?highlight=WyJnbGFzdHJvbiJd

Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst 5 years 5 months ago #138063

Hi Bill,
I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier. I'm sorry the Ronny is gone. I really, REALLY enjoyed seeing his posts. He was a real restoration craftsman. Hopefully he passed on the knowledge, so it continues. Let his family know, he was a great man here on Fiberglassics !
The following user(s) said Thank You: barnickelbill

Ronny Haylock ACBS Gravenhurst 5 years 5 months ago #138073

Thanks Chuck
Here's a scan of an article from Classicboat that shows a couple of Ronny's amazing metal flake paint jobs
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9408 guests and 2 members online