Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help identifying boat...

Need help identifying boat... 5 years 8 months ago #137312

I recently purchased a trailer/boat combo and am curious about the boat. It is registered in PA as a 1961 14' Penn Yan. There is no hull # on the registration and the transom is sandwiched in plywood to add extra stiffening for the big cast aluminum outboard bracket which effectively raises the transom height so I cannot easily search for a hull number there. I have sent a few pictures to TJ Amato who runs the Penn Yan brokerage web site however he feels it may not actually be a Penn Yan. The red and blue painted areas are not original and the gunwale rub strip appears to originally have been a blue color but was painted over with black. From what I was told it us otherwise original. The steering wheel is a Wilcox Crittenden and steering control is cable. Windshield has the remnants of a sticker which may read 'Nautiform Sports Windshield' but not completely sure.

Coming from wood boats, (a 1960 penn yan and a 1958 lyman) I'm not familiar with fiberglass boats of this era so any help is appreciated. I can provide more pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance.
Sean
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help identifying boat... 5 years 7 months ago #137370

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sean she has some nice lines whatever it turns out to be. Good luck with your search, but you may be better off leaving the registration as is. Sometimes changing that info opens a whole new can of worms with the authorities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6981 guests and no members online