• Page:

TOPIC: Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137079

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Time to head up north with a few nickels so I can shop for marine hardware at the gathering. The bonus is meeting so many knowledgeable people, seeing some amazing boats and motors both on display and running in the water. I have found some hard to find parts. You never know what might follow you home. I may go Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure yet. Anyone else going? I usually see a few members there and hope to meet a few more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137081

i plan to be there wednesday and thursday. hope to bring the tomahawk on thursday

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137087

I was planning to go, hope to find a 60's mercury gas tank.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137093

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I am thinking you have a good chance of finding a 60s Merc tank. Hope we get good weather.

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137100

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Family plans :(

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137101

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I will be there til fri noon,,the guy i bought the old race boat from requested me to show it there as a before,after so it will be in building wed c u bill
Attachments:

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137111

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That boat is worth seeing from every angle. Yes, there is a twin motor hiding on the other side. Another amazing part of this is the WOODEN boat trailer... how cool is that?! I would go just to see that boat... so many other boats and motors that you don’t have to spend a dime to enjoy the day checking everything out.

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137130

I'll be up there from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning. Bringing "Little Blue", my MFG Niagara with the Merc 350.

Looking forward going and meeting as many people as I can.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137131

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I will keep an eye out for little blue. Have a safe drive.

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137134

This sounds like a ball. Someone please take and post photos.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137136

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
If I get there, I will try. www.spanagel.net/Event-Photos/Tomahawk-Nationals/Tomahawk-2017 Here is a link to 2017 show with several picture categories. Hope the link works

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137157

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I saw little blue... awesome boat . I missed meeting the owner. I also just missed meeting up with 2Stroke. Met his friend. What a nice aluminum boat!

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137178

Sorry I missed Dr.Go! I saw the white race boat and the Tomahawk boat - very nice.

If anyone is still here, I'll be walking around today, Saturday. I'm 6' 4" with glasses, and will be wearing the AOMCI Tomahawk 2018 baseball cap and green AOMCI Tomahawk 2018 T-shirt with khaki shorts and sandals. My cell phone is in my pocket and the number is published in the AOMCI and ACBS directories. I'll also be at the dinner in the arena tonight, Saturday. Would love to meet and talk to anyone here. My name is Dave Nau.

I'll also be at the Boat the Blue annual ACBS meeting and boat show in Port Huron next month, again with Little Blue. If anyone is there, please come to the Marque Club meeting at 4:30-6:00 PM on Thursday, Sept. 13 in the Blue Water Convention Center. It's not on the schedule, but we plan to have a meeting to discuss ways for the various marque clubs, ACBS and AOMCI to partner more together, with the goal to grow the hobby. There will be snacks and beverages, paid for by ACBS. If you plan to be there, let me know, so we have enough food and drink. Also, call or text me if you are up there.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137181

I was thinking that Saturday would be the big day at this meet, given people work during the week. Turns out that this is the breakdown day, and by noon, Sara Park was pretty cleared out. There is a dinner tonight in the building behind the arena. I plan to go, so we'll see who shows.

I did get quite a few pictures. The Glastron tri-hull with the Johnson 70 was free to whoever wanted to drag her home. The one sign shown is at the entrance to a local bar and grill called "Outboards", as it has an outboard motor theme.

Enjoy !
The following user(s) said Thank You: asign

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137182

Dave, Welcome to the north woods of Wi. As I found out when I moved here, Sat. is for hunting, Sun. is for packers & brewers games. Thank you for posting pics. Do to unforeseen family stuff I wasn't able to make this event. Little blue looks great as usual.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137184

The picture of the very old antique outboard running in the blue tank is Bob Grubb's 1914 Wisconsin. It won the category of oldest running outboard at the meet. Bob is shown there to the left of the motor tweaking the throttle to make sure it ran the required two minutes. It did.

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137185

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Pretty cool having a running Outboard over 100 years old. Great pictures. If I am not mistaken, I think when I first started going, it was Thursday through Sunday and therefore Saturday was a big day when people were off from work. I am thinking it got changed to Wednesday through Saturday to help those exhibitors that traveled so far from across the country a little more time to get back home. When you add in some rain at the wrong time like a Friday night that forces early packing, I could see why some might choose to pull out earlier Saturday. Because I often go to buy parts, it is best to go early since people are buying all day each day, so unless an item is common, it might already be gone. Now I take a day off on Wednesday or Thursday and then work Saturday to make up. I find more parts that way. I am also starting to learn to ask more questions... just because an item is not found for sale doesn’t mean someone might not have it. They cannot always bring all they have. When I bought an item and had given up on finding the gem,... I mentioned it to that merchant and he said he had the item at home... wow - live, learn, and do’t be afraid to ask everyone if they have seen something... you never know. I will be back next year and hopefully can stay longer than 5 hours.

Dr.Go!

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137194

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Couldn't make it this year, looked like a great show. Thank you for the photos. I've found some gems digging in a box or under a table at boat and car swap meets. Those of you that made it inside Outboards, the bar and grill, hope you saw the fun stainless urinal made out of a beer keg in the men's room. Some one put a sign above it "for used beer."

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137202

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Well another good fun show,Dave I do remember your boat from buffalo NY if I am right very nice, Nancy was in charge of the sales dept and I was in charge of purchasing,,according to the books I won by a mile,,she did good but wasnt much competition,,I left fri after auction just before the rain hit,,I made a trip to superior,wis on way only 200 miles wrong direction, but was home sat. So now reload and off to Door county friday,If you havent did tomahawk,put it on your bucket list,go wed thursday,,sober up friday go home,,hahah c u Bill

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137203

Never been to Buffalo with a boat, so must have been another one. Been to Clayton in 2015, Chautauqua in 2016, LBOA Show in Huron, OH in 2014, and the Port Huron Show in 2017. Going to the big “Boat the Blue” ACBS Show in Port Huron next month. All with “Little Blue”.

“ Big Red”, my 1962 MFG Edinboro, is my user boat, while “Little Blue” I take to shows.
Attachments:

Tomahawk, Wi. Antique Outboard Nationals next week 5 years 8 months ago #137218

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the great pics Dave!

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8490 guests and 4 members online