TOPIC: Super Gator Bunk Pivot Rod

Super Gator Bunk Pivot Rod 5 years 8 months ago #137072

• Eric Z
  • Eric Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi All,

I am starting to work on this '62 Super Gator trailer. When I picked it up and took it apart the rod attached from the bottom of the trailer tongue to the rear bunk pivot is bent. I assume that this was done by abuse. Does anyone have this model and could you confirm that this rod should be straight from pivot bolt to pivot bolt. Please post pictures if possible. 4 attached.

Thank you,
Eric
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Super Gator Bunk Pivot Rod 5 years 8 months ago #137077

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167

I used to have one of these trailers many years ago that I rebuilt. Memory failure puts me at a disadvantage but I think that rod limits the tilt of the trailer during a launch so when putting the boat in the water the tilting rear section will not flip up out of control. Not unusual to have it bend. When you re-assemble your project put the straightened rod in it's location and then articulate the tilt without the boat and see what happens. I believe if you leave the rod off the trailer will be just fine.

If you look at this ad carefully you can make out an address at the bottom, probably out of business now but worth a try to follow up and maybe you'll get lucky
Attachments:

Super Gator Bunk Pivot Rod 5 years 8 months ago #137080

• Eric Z
  • Eric Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Thanks, but this is a different model. I have a 416. Here are more pictures of the tongue. when the lever is pushed vertical, the lever rod on the tongue retracts and allows the main frame of the trailer to flip up off of the tongue. The tongue is not a 2-part unit as shown in the ad. The bent rod is then supposed to rotate the rear square bar that the bunks sit on allowing the boat keel to lower onto the rollers and slide off. I cannot imagine that the rod should be bent but I want to confirm with someone that has one before I go through the process of trying to straighten it.
Thx
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)