Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 Flying Scott ?

1962 Flying Scott ? 5 years 9 months ago #137033

Hi I am new here. I currently putt around in a 1989 280 Sea Ray Sundancer. Fell in love with the older look. But I just bought this 1962 Flying Scott 17 s 75. I think, no title. It was at a wrecking yard. I think it is on the original trailer and has most of the motor. lower end is missing. It turns over by hand. there is one gauge missing and some small pieces of hardware. Are there many of these out there? I am thinking about giving to my adult son to restore. It looks like kind of a neat boat to me. The pivoting wind shield and the 2 halves the open in the bow are kind of neat also. Also what is going on with vintage fiberglass boats, are gaining in popularity?
imageshack.com/a/img924/1963/fGnd9G.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1962 Flying Scott ? 5 years 9 months ago #137035

I would have a gear case but you really need to post more pics. This boat has already been painted so your looking at a big project to restore it. i have had one of these in really restorable shape and it was hard to sell. The problem with Scott motors is water pump impellers and finding them. No one has stock on them anymore. Also if the floor is soft don't waste your time fixing it. My boat was a 1962 17D and it looks different than yours.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7357 guests and one member online