Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1950s sabre

1950s sabre 5 years 9 months ago #136969

hi... new here ...permission to board!!
I am interested in finding information on the Sabre fiberglass boats manufactured 1957-??
(not to be confused with SabreCraft)
They were made in ft lauderdale Fl.
Great website.
Thanks LOU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1950s sabre 5 years 9 months ago #136972

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you can find just about all the info you want and need here. If it ain't here it doesn't exist :laugh:

Seriously here's a link to our online library for Sabre boats.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Sabre
The very top of this page you will find the usual listings and along the top there is a "Glassic Library" that you can access. Any help you need just ask. and PS we like pictures, lots of pictures. If you have pictures of your boat share them. Just click on the "Attachments" below right and you can drag a picture in but it should be around 1000 pixcels. Too large and it won't load.

1950s sabre 5 years 9 months ago #136975

63 sabre:
thanks so much for the welcome and the info.
I never thought that I would ever find anything.
My uncle Bob was co owner of this company. As I recall they had it in ~1956/7????
I was very young at the time and lived far from Lauderdale, but I do remember visiting a few times and always loved the boat style. It was so 50's. They also made a dinghy and a small cabin boat. I think they only kept the company for a few years.
In the day they used VERY small outboards (35-50HP), and the boats were somewhat heavy.
His brother wanted one of the boats, but not being a boater didn't like the right hand (starboard)drive, so bob built a Port drive boat. How he did it is still a mystery!! So if you find one that drives on the wrong side I know who owned it. LOL

we got a big charge out of the story that he was asked to build fiberglass caskets. I dont know if he ever did, but it was way ahead of the time!!

1950s sabre 5 years 9 months ago #137026

Would love to have a write up about the history of the company for the Classic Boat Library if you can put one together. Thanks for helping to preserve the history of these old boats and the people who built them.

1950s sabre 5 years 8 months ago #137121

Here are photos of a 1957 and 1958 Sabres that were sold on Ebay a long while ago:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: njlou

1950s sabre 5 years 8 months ago #137125

Thanks for the interest and info. I wish that I knew more but I was too young at the time and effectively out of the loop.
I never expected to find as much as I did from this group, and I appreciate it.
I am still in search of the Sabre cuddy cabin model. I guess that was rare. there was also a small dinghy 8'??
Time really does fly.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)