Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Updates for the Crestliner

Updates for the Crestliner 5 years 8 months ago #136913

I have selected to post this under the Main Forum, because the options would include aluminum boats, and Mercury O/Bs
You may recall that a few years ago I posted pictures of this very cool Crestliner, with my restored '61 800FGS Merc.
Sadly,...The Crestliner was left unattended at the owner's summer cabin in an unsecured carport.
The Merc & controls were stolen during the winter of 2017.
Fortunately,...The loss was insured, and once again,....Hagerty's accepted my quote and covered the loss.
Now I am still going to vent a bit of steam, for my customer's neglect to secure one of my creations,...But life goes on.
Subsequently, we struck a deal for a replacement.
I snagged a sweet 1962 Merc 1000 off craigslist about (2) weeks before he notified me of his lost.
Old school, fresh water, great compressions,...A perfect candidate for a rebuild/restoration, and instantly I was confronted with the need to bring this beast to its original glory, and pass it along. SIGH,...I never seem to get the chance to keep some of these treasures for myself. Sadly,...Bills have to be paid.
Upon his request,...I added power trim to this one.
He text me today and let me know that he was absolutely pleased and amazed with this latest beast, with a picture of him skiing.
I wish I knew how to rescue that picture from my phone to my email, so I could share it, but I R A dinosaur.
doc

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updates for the Crestliner 5 years 8 months ago #136914

PM sent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)

noimage
03-17-2024

Thunderbird Apache 1956 hardtop
( / Boats)