• Page:

TOPIC: Marine Radio info?

Marine Radio info? 5 years 10 months ago #136692

• 55bigtwin
  • 55bigtwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Recently picked 2 marine radios, on the cheap at garage sale... one older 'Ray Jefferson' handheld, missing antenna, and 12v adapter. I found an old handheld CB, that no longer works, and used both antenna and 12v adapter, seems to work fine... The other radio is a LorAd BackStar under dash, missing the 12v, 3 pin power connector. I have used jumper wires to test it, and it seems to work fine... Does anyone know where to look for a new 3 pin power connector? The plug looks like this... [o oo] … and has a 2 wire harness... I couldn't come up with anything online. I can prolly fab one up, but it'd be nice to have the real deal... Thanks in advance for any help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marine Radio info? 5 years 10 months ago #136719

Are you going to use these in your boat? I don't think that I would want to trust some vintage radio for my vessel.
JMHO
Larry

Marine Radio info? 5 years 10 months ago #136725

• 55bigtwin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Actually I have several, but it's always nice to have extra's, for vehicles, campsites and back-up...

Marine Radio info? 5 years 10 months ago #136727

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I have to agree. An old garage sale radio would not be my first pick since they are not all that expensive on ebay.
I've had them go ka-poot without knowing it. Fine to monitor channel 16 or get the local marine weather but why take a chance when you're taking on water. I have the local sheriff dept and local coast guard numbers on speed dial on the cell phone.
I understand the convivence but I think using a marine radio on shore is a no-no.

Marine Radio info? 5 years 9 months ago #136807

• 55bigtwin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

63 Sabre wrote: I have to agree. An old garage sale radio would not be my first pick since they are not all that expensive on ebay.
I've had them go ka-poot without knowing it. Fine to monitor channel 16 or get the local marine weather but why take a chance when you're taking on water. I have the local sheriff dept and local coast guard numbers on speed dial on the cell phone.
I understand the convivence but I think using a marine radio on shore is a no-no.

I'm basically talking about using at campsites on the water, or near the launch, and to communicate tow vehicle to boat, when launching and pulling out... And of course to monitor ch 16, and local weather... previous units I have bought were about $150 each...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5893 guests and no members online