Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unethical business practices

Unethical business practices 5 years 10 months ago #136504

I recently ordered a part for my motorcycle from a business, whom I shall not name at this time. My order was accepted, my method of payment was accepted, my order confirmed, and I have a printed copy of the confirmed order. A day later, I receive an unsigned email from said business stating that there has been a price upgrade, and they want more money, to the tune that the price of the item has more than doubled. Smell funny? I am a business owner myself, and as I understand it, if a business offers an item for a certain price, they are legally obligated to sell the item at the advertised price. To revisit the order and ask for more money after it has been placed and accepted by said business is unethical at best and is likely an illegal act of fraud.
What do you fellas think?
Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unethical business practices 5 years 10 months ago #136506

Unethical for sure. If they advertised the item at a certain price, then that's the price you pay. I'm a business owner, and I guarantee that I would lose a customer if I ever tried pulling that stunt!

Unethical business practices 5 years 10 months ago #136507

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I would make a report to the BBB, if you paid on-line with PayPal cancel the order, if you used a credit card notify the card provider and cancel the payment and then look elsewhere for you part. With so many options there are hundreds of other reputable places that would gladly take your business.

Unethical business practices 5 years 10 months ago #136524

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
At the very least, I would publish the name of the business on motorcycle sites. There's nothing unethical about telling the truth.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Unethical business practices 5 years 10 months ago #136665

I agree, that's a really crappy way to do business. I would cancel the order and look elsewhere for the part.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Unethical business practices 5 years 8 months ago #137241

I posted this on Wildguzzi.com and got quite an education on how Piaggio does business with their dealers. I guess business is done differently in Italy. They change their pricing and don't bother to publish the changes. The dealer only learns of the change when he orders the part. I had thought that I was being hosed by the dealer, turns out that I was not. Bought the part and my bike is happy...
Larry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6652 guests and one member online