• Page:

TOPIC: Arkansas Traveler Vanguard

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 10 months ago #136377

• robeye
  • robeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Over 7 years ago there was one small post about one of these. The poster was looking for a replacement Window. Since then no mention of these boats.. Here's the link .
So that kinda makes them rare ? I'm thinking.. That poster was using his boat too.. wow. I was always under construction.. never did take the Performer out.. Today I stumbled across one of these "rare" boats. And yes it was used for fishing just last year. It's in very good condition still .. other than the expected faded gelcoat. And the chrome bits are pitted . I may have the chance to buy this boat .. and I'm very hesitant because I have too many projects.. but this one isn't a project in the sense that it needs fixing before you go sailing. It has a 40 hp Merc.. with all controls and I'm assuming it runs.. It's on a nice trailer.. and the topper looks to be new..ish.. But the snow has bent the cross bar.

Rob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 10 months ago #136380

• robeye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm actually looking for input here.. This company made a lot of boats. But how many of this model? Has anyone seen any ?

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 10 months ago #136383

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We have two vintage day cruisers and really like the versatility of the cabin and set up. They're unusual,enough to get lots of notice when we are using them and the kids and dogs can hide out in the cabin if they want to. That size is small enough to be easy to transport and use in smaller lakes and rivers but able to be in some bigger water if need be. Ours are a Glasspar Seafair Sedan and a Larson. I have not seen the Vanguard in our travels, other than on Google. Cool looking boat!

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 10 months ago #136391

I've seen a couple in the Lake Champlain area. The one pictured is/was in Alburg VT.
Attachments:

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 10 months ago #136477

depending on price, i would snatch it up in a second. also if it runs, in decent shape and not to many holes or aftermarket parts drilled into it.

but Runs, solid floor, solid transom, road worthy trailer alone is worth 600-1k probably more, especially with a period motor

Arkansas Traveler Vanguard 5 years 9 months ago #136676

• robeye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I'm quite sure it's FREE.. but does not include the motor.. sigh.. just the trailer.. The transom needs work.. I just can do a boat project right now.. SO anyone up for a 1962 boat ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)