• Page:

TOPIC: Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136320

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I didn’t even unwrap the shrink wrap yet... just peaked under it from back and bought it. Has a great trailer and power winch. Guess what, Cal - that tackle or tool box sitting on the dashboard never fell off after country roads and highways bumpier than the country roads on my hour and a half trip home. Must mean heavy boat and nice trailer. Will be fun seeing what is in the bonus box. I don’t even know the model yet. Says 17 feet long. At this point, I assume it was a good boat as it runs and registration is still good. And previous owner had it 28 years. Hope I still feel good about it after a close inspection!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136322

I can see buying a boat sight unseen. What I'm having trouble with is not unwrapping your shiny new present once you got home. : )
OK, Why are the emoticons so huge?
Rodney

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136323

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Only reason is I am not retired yet and needed to get back to work. I know that once I unwrap it, I will be in the garage for a very long time. Other reason is that I need to replace my wife’s engine and tranny in her car first. Since I had been pretty sick over the last 3 weeks I am behind on getting that done. Trying hard to keep things in my original order and then BAM another boat comes along. I did at least see good pictures before it was wrapped. I can see I need to reduce the irons in the fire. I do understand why you posted that and of course you know it will now eat at me. We will see if I have any patience.

Dr.Go!

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136325

I was just teasing a bit. : ) I know I would be like a kid at Christmas.
All good reasons to leave it wrapped. It keeps things safe until you're ready to start. I hope your health improves soon.
And I forgot to mention this on the the first post. Congrats on your new boat!
Rodney

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136330

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the well wishes. I enjoyed your post. Today I got another reality check on health being important when I learned a young man at work around 30 was carrying furniture down stairs and fell. He is hospitalized with brain trauma and memory loss. They cleared him on neck and spine, but say his memory and motor skills will be months at this point. Well wishes to him and all of our members so we can enjoy this hobby as long as we can. I am feeling much better and counting my blessings. I may have to post future pictures once I do cut the shrink wrap.

Dr.Go!

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136331

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
You picked the pot of gold on that buy. Everything you wanted and more, Short shaft 115, conversion parts, exceptional trailer with spares and all the other goodies that are yet to be discovered. Good having the meet last Thursday and catching up. Humongous fuel tank....you're gunna need it :)
Probably see you at Kosh in two weeks and you can brag about all the extras you got.

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136335

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I never had a power winch before so when I looked up how much this one cost and saw a price over $400 I was pretty happy. Maybe my old shoulder will last a few more years. That trailer is newer than the boat and is awesome!

Dr.Go!

Here I go again - 1972 Thunderbird 5 years 10 months ago #136405

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ok - my patience ran short and I cut the shrink wrap off. Here are some pictures that likely will be in all directions because I am using the IPhone. This boat is built like a tank... pretty cool design ideas.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat