• Page:

TOPIC: Mastercraft

Mastercraft 6 years 2 weeks ago #135847

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I sold the Formula and then bought this 1991 MasterCraft Tri-Star. It has great lines but is in need of some semi-serious cosmetic work. However, it runs great and the price was right...very right, less than the value of the engine/trans...so I couldn't pass it up. I'm going to repaint it some other color, replace the seats and most likely load it up with mahogany. We don't ski so it will just be something to cat around in on the lake.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Mastercraft 6 years 2 weeks ago #135848

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Nice rig! I certainly am no Mastercraft authority. However, I think I remember reading an article long ago about Mastercraft doing away with the wooden stringers and going tall fiberglass stringers to put an end to the rotting wood issues. Not sure how long ago that was, but seems pretty far back. I also remember them taking about going to the root-cast plastic seat bases to also get away from rotting wood seat bases. If that is all the case on yours, then you have one fine boat there. They have seemed to stay at or near the top of the ski boat manufacturers. Great trailers, solid motors and you are a motor guy anyway. Cheers to a nice score. Should be a smooth ride and also look great behind that short box hauler you have! Now just remember to take a boating day for yourselves here and there... you work hard for others and deserve it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7455 guests and 2 members online