Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to know value of 1959 Lone Star

How to know value of 1959 Lone Star 6 years 2 months ago #135675

This is my first post and found you by Google Fiberglass Boats! Hoping for some direction. My Dad purchased a 1959 Lone Star Flamingo boat with a 35 HP Evinrude motor when I was a child! The registration shows 1960, so ??? Many fond memories in Minnesota lakes fishing and water skiing. He is in a care center now and it's time, with much regret, to sell his "toys." It has been in a shed for all it's life. I attached some pictures. We live in central Iowa, so not a lot of boat experts here. How do I go about determining a price? I assume it's in very good condition. I'm learning to navigate your website and see classified ads, so is that my best option? Is central Iowa a location hindrance because of distance? Thank you for any advise you can offer.
Dad's Daughter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to know value of 1959 Lone Star 6 years 2 months ago #135683

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
The motor looks like a 1958 model. Possible the boat could be 1958 or 59 if bought pre-rigged from a dealer. There are Lone Star owners on here as well as other experts that can help identify the year and values. I am not one of those experts. Very nice looking boat and family memories. Wishing the best for your family! That always comes first. ... I just noticed the bottom of the motor is green which likely means that is from a Johnson Outboard motor of the same vintage. Something must have happened to the original one, so a donor lower unit was found to replace it. Others will know what year that might be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren59Flamingo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5536 guests and one member online