TOPIC: Stir crazy

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135588

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Is anyone in the frozen northern zone going stir crazy or is it just me. :S
Ice on Green Bay is over 26" thick, fish are biting....sometimes. :woohoo: :woohoo:
Waxed the boat several times already. :blink:
Repacked trailer wheels again. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135589

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Gets us out and talking to friends and seeing what lakes and rivers we're going to travel to. New boats of course, but Plenty of gadgets and fishing stuff and clinics. I'm sure most areas have these types of shows. Gets everyone ramped up for spring for sure.
Attachments:

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135590

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I've always wondered about you guys who live up in the northern states...why? I used to live in the Philadelphia area and moved down here to South Carolina 21 years ago. Real estate costs a fraction of what it does up north. A cold morning during the winter is about 25 degrees F. It has snowed twice in the last 20 years...it was gone by noon. Spring comes a month earlier and Fall is a month later here. I can swim in the water during the summer without freezing to death. We'll be out boating next month and generally winterize in late November. I now use my snow shovel for mulch. So...come on down for a visit and live the warm life. Bring beer.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135594

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Cal - you better go visit Nautilus before you rub through your new finish by waxing so often waiting for warm weather. He certainly made an inviting point about it all! Lucky (not really lucky) for me that I have a car motor to replace during the winter and also some outboard motor work...so with snow and cold outside, it doesn’t make me feel like I am missing boating at the lake. Still enjoying winter snowmobiling, but at my age, I find less time to go with work and grandkids... so maybe the transition slowly begins. My brother is riding his motorcycle in Florida right now, so obviously he is the smart one who is way ahead of me on this transition. I still do like a less humid summer and colder temperatures. I like 70 for summer and 15 for winter... maybe if I weren’t out of shape, I could take 80 and 90... I want to be swimming in a cold lake when it is 90 out. Take your boat to the local polar plunge, Cal for an in water photo op! That would make a cool Glassic picture!!

Dr.Go!

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135604

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mark, It's just a ploy by Jan to get some experienced help. Don't be fooled. He can change the weather to suit his needs. If I ever do decide to take the old RV south I'd like to drop in for some tips.
Weeks on end of single digit temps force me to attend lunches and breakfasts with my old fellow retirees which in turn adds to the waistline which leads to getting larger boats.
A few RV and boat shows are in progress or coming up within weeks but they just make drooling fashionable for the day. You are getting more snow in your area so snowmobiling is probably a good thing, Seems threre's more grass showing around here than snow.

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135609

• curse
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Gotta be stir crazy! 308,455 guests on top of the 120 registereds

Total users online: 120 Members and 308455 Guests Online
1968jetflite, 1969 Rebel, 2DogCrew, 2dogsnight, 3rdtimesthecharm, 4stroke, 50Airone, 59Hustler, 63 Sabre, 67 Thompson, 71Keaton, ARTK, ASB77, AbsoluteClassics, Caster212, Catalina61, Chuck in Cincinnati, Cruiser, CustomTransporters, DLB68, DanG, Dave the Wave, Diamond53, Doug Reeve, Dr_Frankenmerc, Flott, Glasshunter, HolidayJoe, Hugh Long, Jamesman37, Jiminmichigan, Johnny, Karsten, Kent, Kerry, LagoonLounger, Moxy, Nautilus, Paul, Pawpaws Boat, Peterbilt359, Poolguy, RalphMesser62, Retroboatrentals, RickG, Robby321, SkiRon, Stobl, The Wizard, Tomahawk, VinTin, Wirenut, akapick, alumaglass, amreame, arossow, asign, badger bob, barnickelbill, beerman57, bilnan1, boaterjohn, boatmaniac, chevyrick@optonline, clw426, cosmic12, curse, dahatman, damartinca, dave bernard, davnau6345, deac1234, donsaulsbury, ed-mc, ethp, fivespeedv8, frog, garons own, gbpackerowner, gdanderson, gil, gil_72gt-160, grp44, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., herters59, hodgify, jbcurt00, jfmining, jmiller_at_home, johngoro, jonesec, kck8385, kensikora, lancer17, lee wangstad, luckyone, madbohunk, marko, moparlvr4406, mwr, nj john, outboardnut, plummah54, plush1959, radar5667, redfishpirates, rickinmaine, rip fc3, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., sailor58, satins5, satx78247, silver-bay, stashm2, stretch, thompsonboat, tjschmoeller, vintage_canuck, vintagerunner, vuyosevich
Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator Moderator Banned User Guest

1960 slickcraft catalina
1963 g-w invader ski-bird
1972 g-w invader drag & ski 14
Portage Michigan

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135617

YES, I'm going absolutely nuts. I did manage to get my hands on 60 pounds of wild blueberries . Can you guess what I been doing. 30 pounds down so far.
Attachments:

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135620

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
OH WOW! Love blueberries. Hmmmmmm. I don't think you're making mosquito repellent.
I would be makin' jelly/jam. That would be my second choice. First would be some wine or if you let them sit in that crock long enough with maybe some sugar and yeast and then happen to steam the results @ maybe 170 deg....just sayin.

Stir crazy 6 years 2 months ago #135621

First batch is actually ready to bottle. Corks are on their way.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5914 guests and no members online