Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft

Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft 6 years 1 month ago #135540

The motor 18hp and the boat I think 10-12 foot come with the trailer.
Boat and motor are 1959

Anyone have ideas on the net where I can find out. None of the other places even list fleetcraft. What is up with this boat company lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft 6 years 1 month ago #135542

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Going to have to make some assumptions here since you posted no pictures of whether it's glass or wood, motor etc.
Guessing it's a '59 18hp Evinrude. If it's a period correct trailer it's probably a TeeNee.
Price is subjective, condition, material, motor running, trailer in road condition.
If it's a back field stored package with trees growing around it would be either free or $50.
If it's been stored indoors but not run in 50 years and in decent condition....MAYBE $150.
Excellent condition and water ready $450 tops.
Keep in mind that the motor itself would have to be completely reconditioned, new impeller, new plugs, wires, coils, points, compression check, fuel lines, carb reconditioning, clean not rusted fuel tank, These vintage tanks are getting harder to find but still available. Trailer would need new tires and clean wheel bearings etc.
That being said it comes down to how bad you want the boat and if you are capable of doing this undertaking by yourself.
Pictures really help to tell a story.
Check out the glassic library.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Fleetcraft_(New_Jersey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmc68@gmail.com

Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft 6 years 1 month ago #135549

Here are the pics. Some mods made to it for the steering wheel, but this is the whole package. Boat, Motor, Trailer and some funky gas can. We have fished it alot through the last few years, and it has always been garaged. Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft 6 years 1 month ago #135550

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Pictures help alot. Looks like the motor is early '70's 'bout '72.
Glass boat. looks like some work was done topside and the trailer is newer also, definitely not a '50's. Now the price increases somewhat. Probably $5-600. My opinion. Hope this helps.
I'm used to buying junkers from farm fields and don't pay much then stick lots of $ into them. This one was $100 with trailer.
Attachments:

Help trying to determine the value of a Fleetcraft 6 years 1 month ago #135553

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
It looks like you can see the ply’s of the plywood exposed on the top. Was there a fiberglass top cap that is now gone. My 1958 boat had a line crack down the whole length of my transom on both inside and outside that was allowing my cap to separate off. In any case, I am hoping there has been some sealant, varnish, epoxy, or something used to prevent water and rain from being drawn into that transom wood, mine was left unattended by the previous owner and the transom tore down 6 inches from rotted wood. Lucky that motor didn’t fall off. Hope yours is sound and sealed.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat