Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1954 Larson Falls Flyer

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135182

Hello, New to the forum, great site.
I own our family's original Larson Falls Flyer bought new in 1954. It is in decent shape. I am 71 and remember well all the times I used to water ski behind her! I also own a 1956 Falls Flyer, about 85% restored very nicely. Have a concurs 1957 35HP Johnson electric start with controls for this flyer built by a Johnson expert with NOS parts for it. I am in need of the following to complete these wonderful Flyers.
There is a company in the Minneapolis area are that can make correct new windshields for the flyers. I cannot locate the information on this company. Can you help?
Also in need of one period correct steering wheel with helm and the four steering cable pulleys. I can restore the steering wheel to concurs if not too bad.
I need for both flyers, CORRECT Falls Flyer and Larson decals. The Boat Works, John Monahan from Little Falls, MN has faithfully reproduced these but unfortunately he will not sell them.
On the original 54 Flyer, the wood around the surrounds are soft and new wood needs to be installed. I know the new wood has to be steam bent , glued and clamped to the surrounds. Does anyone have any information on this? I have built many car cover hot rods and many English motorcycles to showroom condition so I am not afraid to attempt any new process.
The original 54 flyer has a TEE NEE restored trailer but the incorrect fenders. Looking for a supplier that has the vintage looking fenders. I appreciate any help I can get. Want to finish these projects so my grandchildren experience the thrill I had with flyers!
oldspeed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135185

Welcome Oldspeed !
here is a great video for steam bending in place.
Waterwings used this method to put in his chines on his 53 century resorter. (see '53 18' century resorter) in the member projects section

The following user(s) said Thank You: oldspeed

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135186

I got decals for my 1959 Larson Surfmaster from garzon studios - appear to be high quality. Actually - they custom-made the Surfmaster logos for me based off of pics that I sent them - now they are for sale to the public. They will work with you to produce whatever decal you want. Nice people. They have falls flyer decals as well. Here's a link to their Larson decals

outboarddecalset.com/boat-decals/larson-boat-decals.html

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135188

Thanks, The early Falls Flyers are different. I have good photos of the correct decals and will send to Garzon.
Regards,
Dennis

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135200

TEE NEE trailers have two types of fenders the more popular one being the tear drop style. I reproduce the tear drop fenders in fiberglass and have all the parts to mount them such as the inside brace, the step pads, flight lite extension and decals. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I live in the Minneapolis area and I think the name of the company that made windshields was MasterGlass from Prior Lake. I have used them a few times. But sad to say Steve the owner passed away a couple years ago and his wife kept the business going until she sold it this last summer and it is now closed. Or at least is not in the same building.
Attachments:

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135202

there will be a nos steering helm on ebay soon... its on facebook vintage boats page now

1954 Larson Falls Flyer 6 years 3 months ago #135213

Thanks for the info. I checked face book. Guess I need the exact title of the page.
All the best,
Dennis

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)