• Page:

TOPIC: What Is This Boat?

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135028

• Weslake
  • Weslake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently adopted this boat fro my dear Uncle who set out to restore it. However, due to health reasons (age) he cannot finish it. He's asked that I take it with the promise to restore it and use it. I love restoring boats so I gladly took the honor of his challenge. I haven't been able to get the boat yet (weather) so I can't check HIN info...any chance of identifying this boat? I've searched high and wide and can't seem to find the make/model or even the year built. His health is bad, so he's not very helpful and can't even remember. He's in the process of getting the title to me so that will help, but not sure when that's going to happen. ANY help would be great!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135029

MAN OH MAN ... this boat really gets around ...lol
been on every old boat facebook site for the last few days

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135030

Did you check the Glassic Library tab?1958 or 1959 Cutter ? Does you bow look look like a Cutter ?
The dash pocket looks like 1958 but the tail fins stop a little short ?
That is awesome trailer. If someone can date that ? you'd be close if not the year of the boat ? 1962 gator trailer ?

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135031

• Weslake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry, am desperate to find out what it is...but weather has been too crazy to drive up and get it.

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135032

• Weslake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, I think it's closest to a cutter. However, the fins are short...also, there's a distinct line along the side of the boat that I can't find on ANY model I searched.

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135033

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
That steering wheel is the exact one I have in my 1958 boat and mine is original... but my boat does not have the cool lines and fins of yours. Some on here should be able to closely date that trailer based on the awesome fender design I have seen on some other older boats. I wanted to check the Library to see if it is anything like the Owens I used to see as a kid. You will eventually pull the information together. More experts will chime in and hopefully the paperwork will back up what you learn. Nice boat I say. If it had original motor you likely could get within a year. Red Mercury throttles indicates a motor hp upgrade. My 58 had a 35hp Johnson 1958 motor. I would think it likely had a 35 or 40hp depending on year. Waterski people liked to upgrade to a 50 so they could pop a skier up with more people in the boat when skiers like me got heavier and waterskis got skinnier.

Dr.Go!

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135034

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I looked again and saw where the old key switch and choke button plate was removed from the dashboard from the previous motor. I also see the adder to the transom to increase the height for what likely is the 20 inch long shaft motor as this was a short shaft boat.

Dr.Go!

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135035

Yeah old gauge looks like a vintage Evinrude dash emblem, with either Evinrude emblem in the big circle or tach, and the choke push button on left with key on the right. Exactly like the one on my '60 Wagemaker, with the '59 Golden Jubilee 50hp. I believe that dash emblem was used for several years but can't remember the exact ones right now.

Bob

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135036

What Is This Boat? 6 years 4 months ago #135042

Definitely not a Cutter. This is mine, as found. I see its a CT reg. Is it in CT?
Larry
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5695 guests and 4 members online