Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ok opinions needed

ok opinions needed 6 years 6 months ago #134369

i have to put my registration numbers on the boat. and now with my creature i dont want to upset the DNR so i was thinking on putting the port side in the standard placement up close to the front of the bow. then with the creature up front just moving the starboard side back behind it and putting it as close to the front as possible so the other option is to just notch the right hand of the creature a little lower than normal and put the numbers on both sides balanced up on the bow. so just one picture this time so you can look ad see where i want to place everything. if i put it up on the bow between the hand and arm then i dont want the DNR to say i can have anything else around the number and have to move them back. i know boats have artwork all over the boat and the numbers are there. so please im looking for a dollar in 2 cent increments

billy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ok opinions needed 6 years 6 months ago #134375

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Have the regulation height ones made but condensed, closer together. Put them between his head and hand. Otherwise put them directly behind him, towards the back. You can put them in the same place on the other side. We put numbers on many boats and end up putting them in various places and distances from the DNR guidelines due to design constraints of each hull.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

ok opinions needed 6 years 6 months ago #134377

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Cool graphic! Looks like something Jan (Nautilus) would think up.
If the DNR has your registration money I really don't think they give a rats rear where you put the number. I believe it should be forward of midships. Many of the older boats had such a drastic overhang on the bow that it would be impossible to read the numbers if they were placed where "required". Asign has a good idea with the right height but condensed. If you go to a business like Fastsigns or any place that does truck lettering they can do what you need. Just give them the measurements. You can let them know what font and spacing you need.

ok opinions needed 6 years 6 months ago #134390

thanks guys yeah they got the money and like a car from now on too. so i will put the numbers up and they will have to live with it. billy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6527 guests and 2 members online