Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: U2 restoration started in Maine.

U2 restoration started in Maine. 6 years 6 months ago #134332

Just had a Commando U2 project given to me several months ago. Will be reaching out to anyone in the Northeast that may have a U2. Will try and post some progress photos.

The entire transom was rotted. The sponsons were full of water and all wood rotten. Attacked the sponsons from inside the hull, after cutting away the glass. Glassed in new wood and filled the sponsons with expanding foam.

I elected to cut the transom glass from the outside. Replaced with new wood after sealing it with CPES. Reinstalled the new transom and replaced the rear piece of glass hull. Thoroughly glassed everything back in place.
Stripped the hull top side of paint and thoroughly sanded. In the morning I will flip her over and start on the bottom.
Many more photos to follow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

U2 restoration started in Maine. 6 years 6 months ago #134333

Welcome aboard, glad your here! Great progress so far!

Bob

U2 restoration started in Maine. 6 years 6 months ago #134334

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Rick, welcome aboard. Amazing project! We'll be looking forward to your progress. Sounds like you are well on your way. What do you have in mind for poser?

U2 restoration started in Maine. 6 years 6 months ago #134336

Just had a friend donate a Mark 78a for power. Will have to go through it, but given my friend is an ex-Mercury outboard instructor, that will be easy.

U2 restoration started in Maine. 6 years 6 months ago #134338

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Great project and great news about the power. Everyone should have a friend like that! When finished, that will be one super nice Glassic!! I believe their are one or two members who either have a rig similar to yours or are at least familiar with this brand and model that could offer more good info. Good luck with the project.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6932 guests and no members online