Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Anyone know where to find these?

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133892

  • rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
Bad picture, but hope you can get the idea.

I need to replace these old rusted springs that attach the steering cables.



Boat spring by Bryce Collier , on Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133896

Before you replace them ?
Put them in a jar of apple cider vinegar (3 bucks at the grocery store?) for a few days to a week. they will come out looking like new. Since you think they are junk..... it's worth a shot ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rip fc3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133899

Marine-products.com

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: rip fc3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133900

Lowes has them. Most hardware stores have them. They are called storm door or screen door springs. Sometimes you have to buy them with the chains, sometimes you can find them separately.

www.lowes.com/pd/WRIGHT-PRODUCTS-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Screen-Door-and-Storm-Door-Chain-Stop/50102496
The following user(s) said Thank You: rip fc3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133904

Hello,
To throw out hat in the ring, we have new springs for 3.49 each on hand, and I think that you will find our shipping very reasonable. They can be viewed on this page of our website, fourth item down from the top of the page: fergusonpoolemarine.com/contrlssteeringinstrmnt.html

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rip fc3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133905

  • rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
they look like what I need. What is the length?

If I recall correct mine are 4"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133906

  • rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1

Flying Fish wrote: Lowes has them. Most hardware stores have them. They are called storm door or screen door springs. Sometimes you have to buy them with the chains, sometimes you can find them separately.

www.lowes.com/pd/WRIGHT-PRODUCTS-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Screen-Door-and-Storm-Door-Chain-Stop/50102496


Thanks! but I haven't found the right size at the Hardware store

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133907

  • rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1

Ferguson_Poole wrote: Hello,
To throw out hat in the ring, we have new springs for 3.49 each on hand, and I think that you will find our shipping very reasonable. They can be viewed on this page of our website, fourth item down from the top of the page: fergusonpoolemarine.com/contrlssteeringinstrmnt.html

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


they look like what I need. What is the length?

If I recall correct mine are 4"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133909

Hi, the manufacturer calls them 5inch, and they do measure 5" in maximum overall length. However, they are effectively 4 & 3/4 inches from the inside of each connection point to the other.

Thanks,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133911

Awesome Joe, didn't know you had those!

Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133915

FYI,.. Harbor Freight sells Evap-o-rust.. This stuff is WONDERFUL!! It will take the rust off anything.. Its nontoxic and noncorrosive.. Leaves a black coating on a badly rusted part so you will have to buff for a shine, but no rust.. And can be reused for as long as it will work..

Stan
The following user(s) said Thank You: rip fc3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone know where to find these? 4 months 1 week ago #133946

  • rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1

Ferguson_Poole wrote: Hi, the manufacturer calls them 5inch, and they do measure 5" in maximum overall length. However, they are effectively 4 & 3/4 inches from the inside of each connection point to the other.

Thanks,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Joe,
Sent you an email from your site.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1975 Century Resorter
( / Boats)

1975 Century Resorter
01-19-2018

1958 OWENS runabout & 1958/59 CUTTER runabout
( / Boats)

1958 OWENS runabout & 1958/59 CUTTER runabout
01-18-2018

Seeking a 1960 40hp Evinrude Lark II
( / Engines)

noimage
01-12-2018

FiberGoogle

Quick Search

Who's Online

We have 3539 guests and 13 members online