Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Some Classic Sea Ray Help

Need Some Classic Sea Ray Help 6 years 7 months ago #133684

Found a vintage Sea Ray and need some ID help. From the Sea Ray archives it appears to be a 1963 800 Series. All the hardware and hull dimensions match up perfect. BUT this boat has a Buehler jet with a 455 Oldsmobile engine mounted midship. The installation is definitely a Sea Ray factory install since the rear hatch, usually for the I/O, is from a shortened mold and not a hack job and the hull appears to have been laid up for the jet configuration. There is no mention of the Jet option in literature nor can I find anything online. Any help would be great. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need Some Classic Sea Ray Help 6 years 7 months ago #133912

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
That's a tough one. I suspect it is not a factory install but then all my experience is with my 72 Sea Ray. However I have watched the high performance people for years and Buehler Jets and 455 Olds are favorites with the jet boat community. take a look at PerformanceBoat.com and you will find a lot of boats with that setup. I did a search on 455 Oldsmobile and got 97 hits, I didn't get that many on Buehler, 14. But it's not a stretch to pair the two.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Need Some Classic Sea Ray Help 6 years 5 months ago #134849

the first factory Sea Ray jet was the 69 SRX Pachanga...
had to be aftermarket

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7178 guests and 3 members online