Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chrome edge trim

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133511

Hi folks my one owner,me, 1959 Larson Playboy is almost ready to paint. In looking ahead I need a source for the chrome trim that goes all along the edges of the interior glass. Anyone know where I can get something. Not looking for a exact replacement. Just chrome like original

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133515

CHROME AUTOMOTIVE DOOR EDGE GUARD

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133516

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
If you have a local auto store or supplier you can get press on replacement chrome that comes in 35=50 ft. rolls. Super strong press on adhesive backing that is used on cars. Come in any type of configuration. Here's what I used on my Shell Lake.

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133548

Did you have to make any major repairs to the hull before painting? Any pics of restoration work? I have a 1959 Larson that I want to start restoring, and I'm trying to find any info I can. I'm wondering about the construction of Larsons from this time period - under the floor - is there any wood to rot, or foam? Between the floor and bottom of hull.... My boat is fairly weathered and needs a lot of TLC, so I'm trying to figure out where to start. Thanks in advance!

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133549

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
The Larson boats of that era were built to last and quality was good. That being said if it was stored outside or has any holes in the transom or floor you can almost bet that the floor needs replacing and the transom could use some help. When you stand in it does the floor flex?
That boat in the picture had more cosmetic repairs than anything else, the hull was good but there were large holes in the bow top and dash panel that were filled. Over the years I have hundreds if not thousands of pictures during rebuilds and there are plenty of folks on the site that are more than willing to help out with any situation that would arise. EVERYTHING has been covered at one time or another. Just ask away.

Chrome edge trim 6 years 8 months ago #133552

I believe they are wood sandwiched. Mine was always kept indoors although it had to endure a flood of which it was underwater for a month. But it seeks to be very solid. no flex when standing on the hull. If you have flex you need to cut it out but you will want to do a proper repair. Each layer is a bigger piece like a wedding cake.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)