• Page:

TOPIC: Door County, WI annual boat show

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 10 months ago #132023

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
This is a repeat of information I posted on the Lake Kosh thread but I feel it could generate it's own thread.

I mailed the Door County Maritime Museum where the event is held and told them to post more information on this site. Keep in mind this is a two day event but Saturday is the biggie with build you own boat contests etc. The street by the museum is shut down with live music, vendors, beer and food tents, local restaurants and bars with open air seating Friday is usually a cruise and social event at the local yacht club. And.....yes you can bring your own cooler with preferred beverages and samiches if you want. Every kind and type of floating things are usually included. Hand built canoes, kayaks, classic wood, sail, everything. They really want to get more glass involved. It's just not a park your boat and sit by it event.
I have pictures somewhere of past events that if I find them I'll post.
Here is a link for the event/destination.
www.dcmm.org/event/27th-annual-door-county-classic-wooden-boat-festival-2/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 10 months ago #132026

• DCMM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Fiberglassics!

Thanks to 63 Sabre for mentioning the Door County Show again. Registration is open so now's the time to make plans to visit Door County on August 12 and 13. Held each year during Maritime Week in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, the Door County Classic and Wooden Boat Festival is an event you won’t want to miss. In addition to viewing beautiful and fascinating classic and wooden boats, you can visit nautical displays, our Boathouse Sale, and the concessions tent. (hint: Grab a beverage and try the fresh locally-caught whitefish sandwiches) There are kids’ activities to keep young boat lovers busy and entertained. And to top it all off, you’ll get to visit the Door County Maritime Museum where you will be amazed at its terrific displays featuring the maritime history of the Door Peninsula. You can even tour the museum’s signature vessel, the century-old tug John Purves. Welcome aboard!

During the two-day festival you’ll cheer on the two-person teams competing in the Sikaflex Boatbuilding Challenge and race- it’s always interesting to see if their creations actually float. They build on Saturday and race on Sunday. On Saturday you should pick up a ballot and vote for your favorite boats in our Peoples’ Choice Selection. No professional judges here, we rely on the popular vote! Also on Saturday, you should plan to stroll through the Maritime on Madison street festival which occurs adjacent to the museum’s grounds. There’s great food, entertainment for young and old, and shopping, too! Stick around on Saturday evening to enjoy fireworks over the city’s waterfront and the Sturgeon Bay Yacht Club’s annual Venetian Night parade. You can even cruise aboard the Chicago Fireboat located at the museum for a great view of the fireworks from the water. Sunday’s Sikaflex Races top off a terrific weekend. Plan to attend!

For pictures, more information, and registration materials visit the festival's website at: www.doorcountyclassicboatfestival.com

All of us at the museum hope to see some great classic fiberglass this year.

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 10 months ago #132045

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I know I have many more pictures somewhere but here is just one that was taken last year during the build your own boat float contest. Watching the teams paddle around a set course without sinking. With this crowd attending a boat show and street event how could you possible go wrong?
Attachments:

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 8 months ago #132818

• DCMM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a quick reminder for anyone planning to attend the Door County Maritime Museum's Classic and Wooden Boat Festival. General registration for the event itself is open until August 12th, but there is a deadline for boaters who wish to join in on the pre-event Bay to Lake Lighthouse Cruise on Friday, August 11th. That deadline is August 1st. If anyone has any questions about the show or the pre-event, please let me know. Don't forget to check out our festival website for the latest news. Hope to see you there. Door County Classic and Wooden Boat Festival

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 8 months ago #132822

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sent my registration and check this week. Hope to see you there.

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 8 months ago #132825

• DCMM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to another great event and hoping for more fiberglass classics than ever before.

Door County Classic and Wooden Boat Festival Website

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 8 months ago #132917

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Much more information here.. including a list of some of the boats and more pictures.
doorcountyclassicboatfestival.com/festival-news/

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 7 months ago #133210

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I am looking forward to attending this weekend. Sending in my registration (last minute) so I can join a few Fiberglassic members. I think they are setting up a little Fiberglassic corner for us to group together. I know of 4 Glassics that will attend. Our boats can represent my starter boat that needs full restoration, then boats that are closer to done that work, but can represent final works in progress. Then one is complete. We are all hoping this might encourage others to get out there and save an old Glassic boat by seeing the different stages. If anyone else on here can make it, that would be great! I am sure they would welcome a last minute entry. Hoping to meet some great members and also learn a little more. Can't wait!!! This will be my first year. Have heard it is great fun!

Dr.Go!

Door County, WI annual boat show 6 years 7 months ago #133216

• DCMM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for posting, Dr. Go! We are setting up a Fiberglassic corner so that we can showcase some classic fiberglass. We join you in hoping to encourage folks to learn about the history of these boats and to join in the hobby preserving them for the future. You are also correct noting that we'll take reservations right up the the start of the show on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to email in a registration and mail or bring the registration check along, that's OK, too. Registrations should be sent to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Don't forget to check out our show website at www.doorcountyclassicboatfestival.com . We have over 30 boats registered now with 11 joining the Friday pre-event cruise. Hope to see everyone there!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)