• Page:

TOPIC: Sim To The Rescue!

Sim To The Rescue! 14 years 2 months ago #1157

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
When I bought the Barracuda a little over a year ago it was just like all old boats we all find, a mess, needing a ton of work and she was filthy inside and out. The Vinyl trim was so durty that it was hard to tell if it was gray or white but one thing I noticed was that it wasn't torn anywhere! So, I went to work cleaning , cleaning , cleaning and guess what, after all that work and dressing it with 303 Vinyl Saver it came out beautiful! The interior was redone in this boat about 23 years ago.
One major problem still existed however, It had a Radio installed in the front side trim pannels and finding that exact white would be next to impossable. I desided to make floppy side pockets for sun glasses and what ever and cover the holes and made them from some white vinyl I had in stock, The idea worked super but the white color was so far off after mounting the poskets you wouldn't believe it, so again what to do, what to do?
The new Nautalux flooring is gray so I desided remove the pockets and dye them Gray to tie in with the floor color, made more sense that trying to live with the white mis match.
I use a Vinly dye product thats been around thae automotive industry for years, its call "Sim Vinly Dye", drys fast, last forever and looks great!. If you deside to try Sim you can buy it at most good auto supply stores that sell auto paint. Be sure to also buy the Sim Vinyl Prep and follow the directions, the results are great! Pics Attached
JAG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Sim To The Rescue! 14 years 2 months ago #1176

Jag, Rick here, I got a small peek of your engine in the
Barracuda from your pictures. Is it the original Ford
V8, Did you drop in something else. Would love to
see interior pictures of Barracuda.
Thanks.

Rick

Re:Sim To The Rescue! 14 years 2 months ago #1184

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
No Rick its not the 312V8 Ford, its a AMC (Packard)327CID 225HP V8 done by Gray Marine. The interior is not completely in the boat yet but will post pics when finished. Pic Attached
JAG
Attachments:

Re:Sim To The Rescue! 14 years 2 months ago #1185

Barracuda looks great, love the motor!! A+

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7659 guests and one member online