Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help identify this 60's glasspar please

help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110892

We just aquire this lil gem in Wenatchee wa. We were told it's a 1965 but I believe it's a 62 due to the serial number. I've never quite seen one like it. Seats 4, volvo pentra 110 stern drive. Folding wooden windshield, left hand steering, wooden swimstep, landlights in the bow, Bimini top, red vinyl seats with fire red trim. Morse controls are a little stiff but we've taken her out on the water twice and she really does run like a gem. This was a steal from a,wonderful old man who owned her for 25 yrs. Serial is H6BT2012. located above the throttle controls on a small glasspar plaque. We'd love some info on her. Been searching and can't put a yr or models on her.

Thanks so much
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's not what life does to you, its what you do with your life!

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110910

• Ronny
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Have you tried looking in the Glassic Library
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Glasspar

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110912

Hello KlassicKitten and welcome to FiberGlassics.

Love the Glasspars! The number indicates a 16’ Texas built in 1962 s/n 012.

Difficult to tell but it looks like a 14’ Lido and the I/O makes the boat unique.

More pictures would help in identification.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

Re: help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110917

klassickitten,

WELCOME ABOARD.

WHICH engine does she have?

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110921

Did I mention she measures out at 16'? Theres,alot to this one that is very diff from the rest. The land lights and I/O, plus all the wood accents.

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110922

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110923

Attachments:

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110925

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Best guess is a 1962 Tacoma 200. That would be a 16 footer while the Tacoma 100 would have been a 14 footer. Would have been Tacoma in cast letters just to the left of the steering wheel. Wood windshield frame and other wood trim is not from the standard Glasspar factory build. Lights and such were not installed at the factory in those years (with the exception of the Seafair series). Pretty sure1962 was the first year Glasspar produced any I/O versions of their boats and Volvo Penta was the I/O they used.

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #110927

klassickitten,

Additional photos can be added one at time by clicking edit after posting. Please post some shots from the stern.

Hello Rob,

I don’t believe the Tacoma model was available in 62. The I/O was a dealer option in 62 but only listed as available on the Seafair hull.

In 62 the only 16 foot runabout was the Citation although this boats hull and deck looks to be different.

Citation $1195
Brand new for ’62 . . . new design . . . new performance . . . seats six easily . . . perfect for activities of the entire family . . .stylish lines . . . top performer . . . ideal for fishing, skin diving, water skiing and pleasure cruising . . . tough fiber glass hull and sculptured deck in seven Glasspar inspired colors . . . back-to-back front seats with foldaway aft-facing seats for more cockpit space when desired . . . transom quarter seats . . . new reclining fold-out lounge-seats available as optional extra . . . all upholstery done in vinyl-covered foam cushioning . . . new V-shaped tempered glass windshields with side windows . . handy dash storage compartment . . . motor well . . . Glasspar designed hardware throughout . . . neoprene gunwale guard.
SPECIFICATIONS: Length over all — 16’, beam —79”, molded depth —40”, transom width—66”, gunwale length—17’, approximate weight—620 pounds, long shaft transom.

It looks similar to the Avalon which is 15.5' LOA

Avalon $895 Standard $945 Deluxe $1045 Custom
Big boat values . . . all purpose runabout . . . sturdy fiber glass construction . . . double bottom and bow tank flotation . . . hard chine hull for stability and performance . . . stable control mount . . . Glasspar designed hardware . . . mahogany coamings, scuff-proof neoprene gunwale guard . . . new two-tone color scheme with seven colors to choose from . . . three boat models .. . Standard comes with upholstered front seat, motor well and wrap-around plexiglass windshield . . . Deluxe comes with upholstered front and rear seats, windshield and motor well . . . Custom comes with fold out lounge seats, windshield and motor well . . . durable folding canvas top with side curtains and snap-on stern cover optional in all models.
SPECIFICATIONS: Length over all — 15’6”, beam —77”, molded depth —
37”, transom width—67”, gunwale length—16’9”, approximate weight—540 pounds, long shaft transom.

Also notice the Mercury RideGuide wheel and a Volvo Penta 110 HP motor is lots a horsies for a 16 footer. Thinking it’s possible it was converted from OB to IO.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

Re:help identify this 60's glasspar please 8 years 10 months ago #111006

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
As I said it's a best guess. Tacoma model was very similar to the earlier Avalon models in looks. Design on the 1962 Avalon hull was not the same as the earlier models so not an Avalon unless it was a leftover hull from a few years earlier. Most definitely not a Citation. Other model with a 16 designation in the serial number was the Del Mar and not one of those, either. As Eddie once said, Glasspar would do anything someone wanted them to do if they were willing to pay for it back in those days. Most definitely an oddball with a 1962 build date and an I/O.

help identify this 60's glasspar please 5 years 11 months ago #136099

• JerryF
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just came across this topic so this question may already be resolved. However, I can tell you the hull and deck make it an Avalon. That model was made from '58 through '60 (model years). As mentioned, the boat has been heavily modified from the stock configuration. That is probably not the original serial number, perhaps a different one was added when the boat was modified.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5713 guests and no members online