Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa

EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 9 years 4 months ago #103168

Has anyone ever run into a boat or boats built by the "EDSON" (ED DOUTHIT & SON BOATWORKS of SANTA ROSA CALIF) I have @ 10 pairs of 1965 Vintage EDSON 20' Dart Boat ~ Rear side panel LOGO's that are white with black lining and also Edson Brass vin serial and model plates available for sale if anyone is restoring One of these extremely rare boats, The plates and logos are period correct for all the boats created By Edson from 1965-1967. Very little info is available for them I can provide photo's if There is an interest. All logo's are MINT NOS as well as the Bass Tags.

Perfect for a Concourse restore or for Your "Wall of Shame" Whatever. I only have 10 sets of the logo trim scripts. Let Me know if there is an interest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 9 years 3 months ago #104584

Hi, I don't know when this was posted but I think I met Douthit, he owns the barn that I have been getting my boat parts from, there were some checks there from "Douthit & Crane Boat Works" dated 1962

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 9 years 3 months ago #104585

pink sammon,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I've never even heard of those boats.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 9 years 3 months ago #104614

Are You referring to the Barn in Bow Washington State? Mr. Douthit is in His 90's and is in assisted living.

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 9 years 3 months ago #104616

I was at the barn and yes the guy is 90, I didn't get his name but all the "Douthit & Crane Boat Works" stuff is there, his wife told my mom he had Alzheimer, I talked to him about his boats and stuff and he showed me some stuff and all his outboards, he was pretty upset with people being there but I calmed him down. I guess it became Douthit & Sons later, the 1962 issue of boating mag has cruiser built by the boat company, then they did glass sailboats and runabouts later.

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 7 years 6 months ago #127322

Edsons property, "that barn" has changed hands. I now own the cute little SeaI Island 20' sailboat that was his. I'm restoring it and would love to have more info on his boats. :)
Attachments:

WAYFINDER

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 7 years 6 months ago #127323

I found one site that gave data on the Edson Sea Island 20, but I can not seem to find it again. :(
Attachments:

WAYFINDER

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 6 years 3 months ago #135480

I found another Edson Sea Islander 20 for sale and would like to talk to you about yours. Are you available still?
Paul

Re: EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 6 years 3 months ago #135481

Its been over a year since druid posted here, and about the same since druid even logged on to Fiberglassics.

Might get notified about your post and questions Paul, but a better bet would be to click Druids user name and from his profile, pick Send an Email. That will go to his sote registered email acct, and would be much more likely to reply.

If possible, it'd be ideal if you all would keep the discussion online at Fiberglassics, not via emails and phone calls. That way the info is shared w those that follow as well, not just the 2 members talking offline.

Thanks and hope you're able to connect w druid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moparlvr4406, HoodCanalPaul

EDSON Built By ED DOUTHIT AND SON BOATWORKS Santaa 2 years 4 months ago #145748

I FOUND THIS 20 FT EDSON ON CRAIGSLIST FOR $200, THERE WERE 2 SAILBOATS AT THE PROPERTY AS WELL , THE BARN IN BOW IS WHERE I GOT IT. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS BOATS HISTORY, IT WAS ED'S PERSONAL BOAT. THE OLD REGISTRATION WAS IN THERE FROM 1986. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE MODEL OF THIS BOAT? I did some fiberglass work and built the aluminum bracket and added 150 hp Honda.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)