Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I Am In Need of Expert Johnson Outboard HELP!

I Am In Need of Expert Johnson Outboard HELP! 13 years 9 months ago #7933

I Am In Need of Expert Johnson Outboard HELP!

I am about to take delivery of a 1958 Johnson 35 HP Super Sea Horse that has been sitting under cover for many years. It appears in great shape, but I have no idea of its mechanical condition or compression. It is the exact outboard I have been looking for and I an getting it at a fair price.
But I have never worked own (or owned) an outboard before so, I am in desperate need of a old school outboard mechanic in the Baytown to Galveston area (Clear Lake/Bay Area) of Texas. Since I would really like to put it to use this summer, I do not want to practice on it or do more damage than good. I figure letting an experienced outboard mechanic give it the once over to get it in running condition will be well worth the cost.

I do not need the outboard "restored" just put back into running condition...it can look like heck for the first season!

So please, anyone in my area that does this type work, knows someone that does, or can recommend a shop that will work on this age of outboard please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Many Thanks
Ivan aka Scottsman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Scottsman
Scottish by birth, American by law,
Texan by the grace of God.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt