Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stock Prop Specs, 35hp 1983 Johnson

Stock Prop Specs, 35hp 1983 Johnson 12 years 11 months ago #28833

I have a Johnson 35rcts 35HP seahorse. I am looking for the stock specs for replacement prop.

Mine is frozen and the prop puller will almost get it off, but I do not have one that will completely pull the prop off the hub.

I see that new props run from $35.00 to $75.00 but I have no idea which one to buy.

This is my first boat, motor etc... I need to replace the seal behind the thrust bushing. (I am leaking gear oil into my barrel when testing the engine.)

I it is quite a bit of oil. I do not want to get water into the case. If it wasn't leaking I would run it all summer long and worry it over the winter.

At any rate.... Any ideas. I can not find the specs anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Stock Prop Specs, 35hp 1983 Johnson 12 years 11 months ago #28834

JimPBarber wrote:

I have a Johnson 35rcts 35HP seahorse. I am looking for the stock specs for replacement prop.Stock prop was a 10X13, stock number 386933 It has been superceded several times to a 778863.

Mine is frozen and the prop puller will almost get it off, but I do not have one that will completely pull the prop off the hub.

I see that new props run from $35.00 to $75.00 but I have no idea which one to buy. The price of the 778863 is $126

This is my first boat, motor etc... I need to replace the seal behind the thrust bushing. (I am leaking gear oil into my barrel when testing the engine.)

I it is quite a bit of oil. I do not want to get water into the case. If it wasn't leaking I would run it all summer long and worry it over the winter.

At any rate.... Any ideas. I can not find the specs anywhere.

Re:Stock Prop Specs, 35hp 1983 Johnson 12 years 11 months ago #28937

Are you absolutely sure it is leaking gear oil into the barrel ??
Have you pressure tested the lower unit to see if there is in fact a leak !!!
Test barrels will show oil after testing and it is the oil that was mixed with the gasoline.
Testing is the way to go !!
Your boat and the use determines which prop you need.

Re:Stock Prop Specs, 35hp 1983 Johnson 12 years 11 months ago #29576

Thanks!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)