Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello!

Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2716

HI, just dropping in to introduce myself and my Johnson Reveler which I just got in trade for my 1972 Bell Boy 21. Im looking to replace the horns on the bow, anyone know where a good place to look online would be?

- Grae
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2717

Grae, (short for Graeme by any chance?)

Welcome - I'm relatively new here but if my experience in the last week and a half has been any indication, you have come to the right place - give your post a couple of hours and I'm sure you will have an answer. Given I'm new to this owning old boats thing I can't yet sum up any advice, but boy am I learnign :-) Just wanted to say welcome - beautiful looking Johnson Reveler - what year?

Matthew

Re:Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2720

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome, Grae. Good looking Reveler! I found a set of 12V horns similar to yours on www.westmarine.com , just search boat horns and they will pop up. I'm sure there are many others out there on the internet, possibly someone else will enlighten us. Those are also available as "air powered", but 1 - mounting a compressor, and 2 - waiting for the compressor to build enough pressure to blast the horns made me decide on 12V versions.

www.iboats.com also offers several, always pays to shop around.

Mark

Re:Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2804

Thanks guys! The Rev is a 1968. I have been working on her for a few days, mounting new fuel pump ( had to ditch the electric one ) and repairing a hole in the gas tank, but i hope to be taking her out on the lake tomorrow!

Thanks for the lead on the horns. Not sure how to test 100% if they are actually failing, but ive got plenty of voltage going to to them ( says my DMM )

..... aaaand Yes Grae is short for Graham! Just plain old graham though, not the O.G. Gaelic Graeme. I wish though.

Re:Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2808

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Grae, you've got juice to the horns but did you also check to make sure the ground wire was intact? Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what you mean by DMM. A simple test light out at the connections to the horn will tell the story, just wondering. If you do have ground, replacement may be the only option. The diaphrams may be shot requiring replacement of the unit.

Mark

Re:Hello! 14 years 1 month ago #2822

DMM ( digital multi meter ) : )

Well- took her out for the first run, started to overheat and blew holes in the wet exhaust tubes. Bummer. I disassembled the drive and found that i "think" the impeller was installed the wrong way by the gentleman whom i traded boats with. Per the service manual, it shows that it should spin clockwise, and this brand new impeller was installed counter clockwise. I find it weird that the force of the turning drive didnt just destroy the new impeller, or at least force it to bend into the clockwise pattern. Maybe someone wiser that me can chime in.

Thanks!

- Grae

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7224 guests and one member online