• Page:

TOPIC: golden javelin

golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23485

• H2o
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi friends-

Looking for some info as to the value of a couple of motors that I have. The first one is a Golden Javelin Fat Fifty... it is the only one I have seen and is probably a 6 (needs restored) on a 1-10 scale. The other two are 35 Golden Javelins one is a 9.5 and the other is probably a 5(needs restored). The chrome is good on both.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

h2o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23505

the best way to find out what your motors are worth look in the adds of papers Crags list and any other kind of thing the motor are sold on. Mainly it is what ever a person is will to pay or a motor.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re: golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23548

Agreed Mike... old kickers that 'ran 5 to 10 years ago' are a dime a dozen... they made johnson and evinrudes just like fords and chevies... they were the 'family' motor... that being said, due to their style, the 1957 and 1958 Javelins and Super Seahorse's have a following due to their unique styling, the only detraction is their size... these things are big (of course not as big as the Mercury tower's of Power haha) AND if you do not have the controls to these motors as well as pressurized fuel tanks, they are not complete, plain and simple, and the lack of these items will and should affect their value (unless in the instance that your 35hp or 50hp model is a tiller model, which was an option) One thing I have noticed with my 1958 Super Seahorse, is that while the chrome emblems seem to be out there for purchase, the plastic badges on these motors cracked easily and do not seem to be out there... even on the restored examples.

Anyways, pictures always help... here's some photos of mine... the '58 super sea horse is very similar to the 1957 Javelin... same stlying ideas anyways... I paid between 200 and 300 for mine with controls and a preasurized tank, and I think I paid too much, but this motor was a model I have always wanted and didn't have to travel far to pick it up, so I splurged. Bought in Central Pennsylvania (where motors of this size are not as common as the 5 to 25 HP ones)

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23550

H2o wrote:

Hi friends-

Looking for some info as to the value of a couple of motors that I have. The first one is a Golden Javelin Fat Fifty... it is the only one I have seen and is probably a 6 (needs restored) on a 1-10 scale. The other two are 35 Golden Javelins one is a 9.5 and the other is probably a 5(needs restored). The chrome is good on both.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

h2o

If you lived near Calgary Canada they would be worth significantly more than if these motors were to be sold in the US.

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23564

.. haha.. something tells me that Mr. THawk is looking for a Javelin!

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23569

Rumors and half truths

I looking for 2 :)

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23688

I have a low hrs 57 and a 58, both may be for sale ( Ontario ) the 58 is all apart for inspection, has a factory primed block that may be a low hrs replacement.----ready for re-assembly.

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23720

Professor.. ok I will bite.. shame you are not closer to PA....

Re:golden javelin 13 years 3 months ago #23722

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You can always check the classifieds on the Antique Out.... www.aomci.org

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'