Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power Head Swap

Power Head Swap 13 years 4 months ago #21429

Will a 25hp powerhead botl into my 15hp? Will all the perfiferals (carb etc) bolt on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 4 months ago #21439

try the guys over at AOMCI. Tell them what year motor you have and what year power head you want to swap. If anybody know they will for sure. Heres the link.
www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=askamember
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 4 months ago #21442

No problem at all.
jus make sure you tork all the botls

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 4 months ago #21546

As far as I know, no year or model combination of 25s and 15s have much more in common than ignition components and drain screws. Short answer - no, they won't swap...

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 4 months ago #21565

So I hear. This was the answer I got at Classic Outboards:
"In a word: No"

No worries. It gives me something to scan for on all the various sites such as e-bay.....eventually a powerhead for a 15hp will pop up.

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 3 months ago #22398

Alright then, how about..

Will all the powerhead periferals (carburator, etc) from a '54 15hp fasttwin fit onto a '56 15 hp fast twin powerhead. I have a complete '54 with an unsavable block. Found a complete '56 powerhead advertised with good compression.

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 3 months ago #22401

Not quite. '54 and '56 had significantly different mid-sections, which makes the powerheads not-quite compatible. You need a '53 or '54 powerhead to make it work.

What, exactly, do you need to make your powerhead complete? I've got a block and some other bits & pieces at the shop for a '53/'54...

Re:Power Head Swap 13 years 3 months ago #22420

Well, the block, crank, one piston/rod/bearings are all toast. I took them to a machine shop and the guys siad they couldn't be saved. In a different thread (scrape yard evinrude) we talked about the parts you have and a friend's block. But I dont want to put any serious money into this motor. Hoping to score a compete powerhead. The one I was considering above is a '56 selling on ebay for 50 bucks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7485 guests and 4 members online