Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Evinrude hood emblem retainers

Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20223

Thought this would be a no brainer. Pulled the emblems off my 1967 Evinrude 80 HP to repaint, now I cannot find a place to buy new retainers that go over the pins that hold the emblems on. Does anyone have a source for these? Tried the auto parts stores and they looked at me like I had three heads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20225

They are called "push-nuts" or "flat-nuts"

Automotive Fasteners or any (decent) industrial nut/bolt supply
Ask if they have an Au-Ve-Co catalog..

They come in round and rectangular varieties. Most of the older motors had the rectangles.

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20227

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
You might also try a local auto-body shop. Many of them carry a variety of fasteners to re-install badges and emblems back on repaired car/trucks/etc...

Mark

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20233

Speed nuts is another name for these. ACE Hardware and other well-stocked hardware store should have them in the fasteners section.

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20247

OMC part number 204476, called a fastener. Retail @ $0.99 each. Still available and in stock at OMC/BRP warehouse.

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20259

Thanks for the help. Went to a NAPA store today an picked up some flat nuts sized for a 1/8" pin then went over to a body shop supply store got some that are for a #8 screw. Paid about .10 ea. not really what I was looking for but will work(small flat black pieces of metal). What came off was a circular piece of rubber/plastic type disk about 1/2" to 3/4" around.
The pieces I got are about 1/4" square. I need 28 of them just wondering out loud if I should get the OMC brand at .99 ea. or $27.72. Is it just me or does that sound like a lot of money for 28 penny size pieces of plastic?

Off topic here; I purchased the correct gold color for the hood from local OMC shop and am happy with the way is sprayed out. Should I put a coat of clearcoat on top of the paint. I would be interested in hearing what others have done.

Thanks again

Re:Evinrude hood emblem retainers 13 years 5 months ago #20265

The part is priced for 1 item
At that price nobody makes any money selling / shipping one.
Wharehousing / inventory control / shipping / packaging etc , etc costs huge money!
that is why you cannot build a motor from spare parts.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6871 guests and one member online